Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2017, 08:34 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1962 22' Safari
San Clemente , California
Plumbing diagram

I am going to replace some of the plumbing that burst from a hard freeze with per, does anyone have or can point me in the direction of a plumbing diagram?
tomflomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:47 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1962 22' Safari
San Clemente , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxite View Post
Here's the link to download any schematics you want for most Airstreams:

https://www.airstream.com/service/document-archive/

My thanks
tomflomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:58 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomflomax View Post
My thanks
Darn it.... I thought that was the link. I've downloaded schematics for lots of different models and for the life of me cannot find that particular link. I"ll keep looking.
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
For the life of me I cannot find that link. I've even contacted AS and no answer.
Our years are very different... but if you want the schematic for the 2008 22' Sport, go to the Bambi Forums and I'll post it there.
Good luck...
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:16 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Hi tomflowmax: Here is the plumbing schematic for my 66 Trade Wind. Nope, it ain't a 62, but it might give you some perspective on what goes where. I've replumbed the 66 Trade Wind and the 86 Limited and some of the 69 Globetrotter.

Actually, the plumbing schematic for most trailers is rather the same. You've got two pressure sources: city water and 12v pump water. You got a "main" line that pressurizes cold side of faucets, the toilet, and fills the water heater. And you have the hot line out of the water that also goes to the faucets also. I used 1/2 PEX on the main lines, and 3/8 PEX on short runs to faucets and the like. I used PEX fittings with cinch clamps. You also have a check valve that prevents 12v pump water from running out the city water inlet.

I also included the diagram of the drains and vents just in case you get overly ambitious.

Good luck with your project. I started by getting on my hands and knees and labeling the lines and components. It helped me understand what goes where and why.

David
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 4 Water System.pdf (964.1 KB, 585 views)
File Type: pdf 5 Drain and Vent Piping.pdf (758.4 KB, 406 views)
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:14 AM   #6

1969 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
69 Globetrotter Plumbing Issues

We discovered a slew of issues yesterday while trying to trace the source of subfloor damage. The plumbing it appears has all been retrofitted and jimmy rigged (likely by my grandfather who was the original owner and is unfortunately no longer alive to ask). I am trying to locate a plumbing diagram for this model so I can make sense of the mess and simplify it for our purposes. Anyone out there ever replumb a 69’ Globetrotter? And if so, would you mind sharing your diagram? Thanks!
Maybe dbj216? Seems you may know.
GoCateGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 06:42 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Greetings GoCateGo: Welcome to the vintage Airstream hobby. Such fun and you will learn patience in spades.

My son has a 69 Globetrotter, and it is plumbed similar to my former 66 Trade Wind. But actually you don't need a diagram. Plumbing is just putting water where you want it. The pressure in the lines is typically 40psi and the flow is typically 3 gallon per minute. The lines are 1/2" PEX.

Your trailer has a fresh water tank above the floor under the front window. There is a 12v pump drawing water from the bottom side of this tank. There may be a couple of valves there so you can fill the tank with city water is you want. And a valve so you can drain the tank. Find these items. I eliminated them as we don't use them anymore. Modern water pumps have a check valve built in them so when on city water, you don't push water backwards through the pump. If you have an older pump, then you have a check valve downstream of the pump to prevent backflow.

Now what is next? Your pump pushes water toward the galley sink cabinet. It only pushes cold water. You have a water heater under the sink cabinet, so you have to tee in and fill that water heater. Then tee in and feed the cold side of the sink faucet. Plumb the water heater output to the hot side of the water faucet.

Now carry the hot and cold lines on down the trailer, through the closet to that wonderful wet bathroom. Plumb hot and cold to the sink faucet, which also serves as the shower faucet. And lastly a cold water line to the toilet.

There is a city water inlet hose stuffed in the back of the trailer. This is what you hook up when on city water. You will need to tee this line into your cold water plumbing system. Then you can run the pump for fresh water you carry with you in the trailer, or hook up city water and use that. You need a check valve in this line to prevent your pump from pumping all your fresh water onto the ground out the city water hose.

I use PEX plumbing system with cinch clamps and PEX fittings. Much easier than sweating copper tubes.

Again, just put the water where you need it. Drain plumbing in ABS is another whole subject. And one you will want to address as your trailer, like my son's, doesn't have a grey water tank. You can't run wash water on the ground in any campground or government land.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2001 Plumbing Shower Faucet Valves-800x600.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	379127  
WBCCI #8607 VAC Region 11
KnowledgeBase trailer renovation threads: 69 Globetrotter, 76 Sovereign, 75 Overlander, 66 Trade Wind Such fun !
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote