Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #121
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
I see what he's talking about: on my version of Chrome, I get lines with text written over them. (see area indicated by red arrow)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trash.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	286.4 KB
ID:	197320  
Old 10-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #122
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
I see what he's talking about: on my version of Chrome, I get lines with text written over them. (see area indicated by red arrow)
Aage, you may want to reconfigure your attached photo of your computer screen. No reason to publish your email address in the folder tab on the top
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #123

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
I saw the same thing until I refreshed the page. Chrome had apparently cached some of an older version.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #124
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
First off, I will say that slowly I am seeing progress on the Classifieds. I have seen several bugs eliminated over time. I appreciate all the work that is going in to improve the Classifieds.

That said, the new Classifieds are still far inferior to the previous Classifieds in my opinion. To help explain, I will note that I rarely visit AirForums from computer any more, unless I intend to type up a post. Otherwise, almost all of my visits are from an Android smart phone, including visits to the Classifieds page.

On the positive, from an Android phone, the Search feature didn't work properly when the new Classifieds were first launched. That has thankfully been fixed as far as I can tell. But after that, it gets mostly negative for me. I still do not like the new layout - it is clunkier to use than the layout from the old Classifieds. I hate having "featured" ads at the top - I just want to see the newest posts - period. Worse, viewing photos attached to a Classifieds post is almost impossible from an Android phone. The pop up window showing the photos just does not work well from a smart phone. Zooming and hitting the next photo button just requires too much constant manipulation. I'd rather have the photos view more like they do on the eBay app, where you can scroll thru them by dragging them side to side.

Bottom line. I used to visit the old Classifieds almost every day. Even after an adjustment period I find myself only visiting the new Classifieds about once every week or two. They are not easy enough to use to cause me to want to visit frequently. That is a shame for the sellers that hope to sell something on them.

Just thought you'd like some honest feedback after the filter of time and an adjustment period to get used to the new format (or not).
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #125
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
I agree totally. I look for a specific size but what is offered now is a size range. I have to wander through many I am not interested in. I thought the old way was fine, not sure I will ever get used to this new site.