Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #101
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Antioch , SF Bay Area
argh...now, I'm seeing someone else's ad under my profile.... sent a message on the "Contact Us" link which I had to go back to the main AirForums site to do.... Webbie - please add a "Contact Us" link specific to the Classifieds.

I did check this out on my iPhone (in the app) - it's not bad but some of the text and formatting is wonky.

https://www.facebook.com/starlettediary
Suzzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #102

2003 31' Classic
winston salem , North Carolina
Mr. Confused

I am having trouble finding anything--air streams for sale --om the new site
jimfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #103

San Marcos , California
What marketing person came up with this new slick web page? This is not an improvement. At least run a parallel web site or Beta test to make sure everything works before changing over.
I am sorry, but I am done. Too many glitches and page not found messages. I cannot find my watch list and cannot filter only late model travel trailers. Update subscription emails have stopped coming. I will check back in a month to see if classified site improves.
AGgreyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #104
Streamline Owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Indianapolis , Indiana
I'd like to say that I just fell in love with the new look...not so much. After looking around last night...

I access the forums through the iPad app and found the interface a tad cumbersome. I was bounced out a few times and taken back to the "home page" when intuitively I felt I ought to have ended up at the previous place in the same listings after looking at a specific ad.

I'm sure more tweaking will eventually work out the kinks.
Nolavalkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #105

Currently Looking...
Charlottesville , Virginia
You know that old saying about good intentions? I can't find what I am looking for anymore and am not sure why the sorting is so random. That said, good luck.
cvillefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #106
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Antioch , SF Bay Area
Argh - it won't let me edit my listing - I'm getting an error message saying I can't edit because it's not my listing?? I PM'd the Mod but haven't heard back. Anyone know how to upgrade to a paid listing?

Old 09-27-2013, 05:45 AM   #107

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzzeee View Post
Argh - it won't let me edit my listing - I'm getting an error message saying I can't edit because it's not my listing?? I PM'd the Mod but haven't heard back. Anyone know how to upgrade to a paid listing?
Hi Suzzeee,

PM me with thread details and the changes you want to make and we'll get the edit(s) addressed. We'll also look in to the error message issue.

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #108
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Antioch , SF Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin245 View Post
Hi Suzzeee,

PM me with thread details and the changes you want to make and we'll get the edit(s) addressed. We'll also look in to the error message issue.

Kevin
Kevin - sent you a PM

Old 09-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #109
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Are we (Forums) being invaded?

I am still trying to come to grips with the new Classifieds...still don't like them as well as the old ones, however. But, taking a look at the ads I see that we now have these outrageously priced Airstreams being added. (I mostly look at Vintage and parts.) I gasp at some of the prices and have noticed that these ads seem to be placed by brand new "Members" of the Forums....joined up a few days ago. I have a feeling that these "Bottom Fishers" are in it to make these fast bucks....at the expense of other new and unfamiliar Members. My opinion is that these sellers are ones who will ruin our Airstream Life as we know and love it. We should all help and guide the new Guys and flush out the Scammer types.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #110
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
I am still trying to come to grips with the new Classifieds...still don't like them as well as the old ones, however. But, taking a look at the ads I see that we now have these outrageously priced Airstreams being added. (I mostly look at Vintage and parts.) I gasp at some of the prices and have noticed that these ads seem to be placed by brand new "Members" of the Forums....joined up a few days ago. I have a feeling that these "Bottom Fishers" are in it to make these fast bucks....at the expense of other new and unfamiliar Members. My opinion is that these sellers are ones who will ruin our Airstream Life as we know and love it. We should all help and guide the new Guys and flush out the Scammer types.

Some of the sorting features are still being working on and you should see some improvement in that regard but I promise you that the prevalence of high priced trailers and newly registered folks simply to use classifieds is not new. One of the many reasons we moved to a new software platform was to help manage questionable accounts.

Member can help as well by reporting problem ads, inappropriate contact by those interested in their ads, etc. Many eyes are more effective than a few.

I can't imagine buying a $125,000 restoration but clearly some folks will and it's likely that that same buyer isn't going to be even a little interested in the 15K project I might be interested in

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #111
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Antioch , SF Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
I'm sure I'm one of those "high priced" listers you're talking about but I've been a contributing member for over 2 years and believe me I have spent more renovating that Airstream than I'm asking for it. There are people who are not interested in a project. - they want one already done and since it took us 2 years to finish this one I don't blame them. . Timeless and the other renovation guys seem to be doing brisk business too - my reno guy has more work than he can handle. I personally love the process of making something fabulous!!!

Old 09-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #112
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
Will the selection option by size of trailer be available?
Old 09-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #113
pzd on the fly

2010 16' Sport
Kent , Ohio
The new classifieds look & work great from my desktop. I found them easy to browse by year, et al. I have the Forum App on my iphone & cannot find them there.
Ohio Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #114
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Just an update...

The links in the drop down menu at the top of the forums page have been updated.

The font size and contrast in ads has been popped up a bit.

We're still fiddling with a few more settings so please post if you see something badly amiss..

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #115
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
Still getting this:

WHOOPS! PAGE NOT FOUND.

The page or ad listing you are trying to reach no longer exists or has expired.

When I try to sort the parts for sale section by "newest"
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #116
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Everything seems to be working fine for me now.

How about a way to filter out the items that are marked sold already?
Old 10-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #117

Currently Looking...
Santa fe , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by panheaddale View Post
Why does everyone now days think things need to change? Newer? better? bigger? fancier? Don't like the new look, too busy and it is harder to navigate. SOMETIMES THINGS ARE BETTER LEFT ALONE.
I agree 100%. I especially HATE not being able to view ONLY recent year models. A category for the last 4 or 5 model years would be even better than the former 1987-current year category.
Gator bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #118

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator bob View Post
I agree 100%. I especially HATE not being able to view ONLY recent year models. A category for the last 4 or 5 model years would be even better than the former 1987-current year category.
What site are you looking at?

From the new classifieds, point your cursor at "Browse Airstreams" and it drops down a menu with various options, some of which are under "Browse by year" and give you the choice of 2010-2014, 2000-2010, 1990-1999, etc. How is that not good enough?

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #119
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Janet....I look at the parts wanted from the Browse menu and now get the page. However, the sort by window does not work. Goes to the whoops .
Old 10-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #120
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
i have not read the complete tread but will comment as to what problems i am having.

When I first used the New Classified software it worked in that I could search for a given type of Airstream. However now a week later is not not work. When opened and attempting to search for a given type a drop down box appear in halftone and none of then will respond.

I was advised to use IE and that did work. However I use Fire Fox and would ask do you intend to have this software work with FF?

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote