Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2006, 08:33 AM   #141
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
My intention is not to put down the stickers but viewing the photo of the sticker that “micsupply” posted; other than belonging to this forum, I don't know how I would know what it even stood for. It sounds like some kind environmental group to me!

Why couldn't it have been negotiated to use the forum name on the sticker?

I would have thought that something could have been worked out since the forum is still using the same name!

I can only imagine that when asked, people who have the stickers will have to explain what they are for.

At least it should stir conversation!

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:47 AM   #142
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Thanks Jack

My stickers were here in great shape when I checked the mail today!!!
Thanks Jack!
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:30 AM   #143
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Yep, I got mine this weekend, too. No creases, tears or flaws. If only I looked so good.

Pat
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:32 PM   #144

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by vajeep
My stickers were here in great shape when I checked the mail today!!!
Thanks Jack!
Wow, so the envelope to Germany beat the one to Virginia.....

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:43 PM   #145
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Braunschweig , Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
Wow, so the envelope to Germany beat the one to Virginia.....

Jack
Yes, fly Lufthansa instead of United...

Bjoern

AirstreamForumsMember No. AIR 5535

Proud Owner of a 1971 Ambassador 29' called "Dave"

-A stranger is a friend you just haven´t met before!-
unknown irish

davetheairstream
Pschoerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:14 PM   #146
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
I had to remove the posts about merchandise. We have a very clear agreement with Airstream, Inc and NO MEMBERS should produce any items with our name on it that Airstream, Inc has not approved.

I will getting some info together and getting approval for some merchandise according to our agreement in the next month. We will have one oother official graphic per year that we have printed on more stickers, t-shirts, etc according to our licensing agreement. Look for an announcement on this in the neat future.

Andy
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:22 PM   #147
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Sorry

Sorry about the merchandise posts.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:40 PM   #148
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
No worries, we just have to be really careful about this. I would have for them to pull our domain name out from under us!
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:43 PM   #149
_

. , .
andyr

i wasn't suggesting bootlegged stuff....just wondering about tee's...and if someone needed to help out...

cheers
2air'
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:56 PM   #150
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
andyr

i wasn't suggesting bootlegged stuff....just wondering about tee's...and if someone needed to help out...

cheers
2air'
i make my own t-shirts all the time. most office supply stores sell t-shirt transfers. they are awsome. load a sheet in your color ink jet printer and print any design you can come up with. the sheets iron on to 100% cotton t-shirts and they look great. they also hold up for a few years worth of washes - must turn shirt or sweatshirt inside out before washing. once the transfer wears out - it's time to make a new one.

costco has white t's for about $5 a piece. the transfer sheet cost another couple of bucks + the cost of ink - pennies - and you've got a great looking shirt with airstream forums, airstream name, whatever.

provided you are not selling an item with "airstream" on it, i can't see how airstream could stop you from wearing your own home made shirt.
munimula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:02 PM   #151
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
They may not be able to keep you from wearing your homemade t-shirt...
Quote:
Originally Posted by micsupply
i make my own t-shirts all the time.
<snip>
provided you are not selling an item with "airstream" on it, i can't see how airstream could stop you from wearing your own home made shirt.
However, at the risk of being able to use the domain name for this forum, the below deserves repeating:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R
We have a very clear agreement with Airstream, Inc and NO MEMBERS should produce any items with our name on it that Airstream, Inc has not approved.

I will getting some info together and getting approval for some merchandise according to our agreement in the next month. We will have one oother official graphic per year that we have printed on more stickers, t-shirts, etc according to our licensing agreement. Look for an announcement on this in the neat future.

Andy
Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:06 PM   #152
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
They may not be able to keep you from wearing your homemade t-shirt...However, at the risk of being able to use the domain name for this forum, the below deserves repeating:Shari
does this mean i need to burn my home made airstream forums t-shirt that i made for me and me alone? you've gotta be kidding me.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:19 PM   #153
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
does this mean i need to burn my home made airstream forums t-shirt that i made for me and me alone? you've gotta be kidding me.
No, but if it appears that the forum is encouraging members to do the same, they could make it difficult to get the "official" things, Andy has in mind, made under the agreement in place.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:37 PM   #154
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
No, but if it appears that the forum is encouraging members to do the same, they could make it difficult to get the "official" things Andy has in mind, made under the agreement in place.

Shari
i am in no way suggesting that airstreamforms should post usable graphics that people could do a right click/save as to make their own t-shirts.

i'm just saying that if people are the least bit creative, can spare ten bucks, and own an inkjet printer and an iron, they have viable options on the wearable front.

i own a couple of companies - one of which we sell downloadable music. i know the harm, in real terms, copyright infringment can have.

regarding t-shirts... if thousands of my customers made their own shirts with my company's logos on them there would be thousands of people wearing a shirt with my company's logo or websites names on them. that could be disastrous for my businesses...i think.

all of a sudden i feel like such a rebel. long live passion and affinity!
Old 03-28-2006, 10:24 PM   #155
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Quote:
... if thousands of my customers made their own shirts with my company's logos on them there would be thousands of people wearing a shirt with my company's logo or websites names on them. that could be disastrous for my businesses...i think.

Defies logic sometimes, doesn't it? I believe current advertising strategy is to persuade thousands of people to pay large sums of money for the privilege of advertising your product.
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:33 PM   #156
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRanger
Defies logic sometimes, doesn't it? I believe current advertising strategy is to persuade thousands of people to pay large sums of money for the privilege of advertising your product.
there will be no shortage of conversation around the campfire next weekend at the cherry blossom rally. now i just need to figure out what i'll be allowed to wear without getting arrested.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:52 AM   #157
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I understand that Andy is working under the agreement that he made with the folks at Thor, but 2air still needs a new hat. Any suggestions?

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:25 AM   #158
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
I understand that Andy is working under the agreement that he made with the folks at Thor, but 2air still needs a new hat. Any suggestions?
besides the custom embroidered hats that they make at the mall, i would have to defer to the airstream.com site. they have nice hats there.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:11 PM   #159
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
It's not the $15 hat that will get you. It's the $50 per year licensing agreement so that you can wear it legally. You'll have to comply to all the standard Mark and Trade Dress requirements. Any gathering outside of your home wearing said hat shall inure to the full benefit of Thor.

__
TOO FUNNY! you forgot to mention that face needs to be clean shaven and hair neatly trimmed. i'm surprised they don't require photo proof before making purchase of any airstream wear. G-d forbid an unsightly character (like me) could be seen wearing an Airstream logo. that would be detrimental to the company's image that is so closely protected and could effect the value of Thor's stock price.

I can see it now...Dirty hippy seen wear Airstream polo shirt at passedoutwookies.com - Thor's shares plunge in after hour trading on the news. company loses twenty percent market valuation in one day.

Thor company officials attempt to downplay the news by stating that "the shirt was not an official santioned Airstream garment, but some illegal home made t-shirt. Nontheless, they plan to recall all know garments (and travel mugs) in the marketplace. Quote from CEO states "we have our corporate image to protect".

It was also announced that the VP of Merchandising has resigned - citing she wants to spend more time camping with the family. Officials insist the turnover in that position is unrelated and that they are not looking to fill the merchandising position any time soon.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:30 PM   #160
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
2air still needs a new hat. Any suggestions?
65gt|micsupply......

hey are you 2 off your meds?......
though i am looking for an air'hippy rally for this year.....
any suggestions....and not burning man......

i think az' was looking for hat suggestions to replace my green one....
something like this?

cheers
2air'

i sure hope someone received their stickers today....and gets this thread back near normal....
Attached Images

2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air stickers