Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-18-2019, 10:24 AM   #1

LAKE IN THE HILLS , Illinois
Smile Winegard Pathway XI

Greetings fellow Silvers
This is my first time blog but long time reader. I recently purchased a 2008 23' FB that had been in a heated & cooled garage / workshop since 2012..owner claims to only have used it about 5000 miles and indeed it is showroom clean with all systems checking out. My question is it came with the Winegard Pathway XI and I am curious about the potential to update it or just replace it along with suggestions on what to replace it with. Also, has anyone used the King Falcon WiFi antenna and willing to offer suggestions in that area. I have repaced the 19" Samsung with the 32" VIZIO smart tv.....just can't get a strong signal but awesome picture.
Royboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 10:38 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
We tend to stream everything with either unlimited cell service or watch downloaded content.

For live TV, I seem to see the most Dish Tailgaters out there. AT&T does includes free DirectTV live with their top tier Unlimited cell plan and probably has a bundle with their antenna as well. The nice thing about a Dish Tailgator or similar satellite antenna is you can put it anyplace on your campsite away from the trees where it can get a good view of the sky.

You’ll find campground WiFi to be very hit and miss, mainly miss. If it exists it’s usually so congested as to be nearly useless. An external WiFi antenna isn’t something I’d invest in right away unless you know places you frequent have good service.

The Mobile Internet Resource Center has loads of info on boosters, routers, plans, etc. It’s worth a subscription at least for your first year.
daleyocum is offline   Reply With Quote