Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-08-2016, 08:04 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Excella 500
Zavalla , Texas
Unlimited AT&T Hotspot for $60/mo

Hey folks -- this isn't SPAM.... I have no affiliation with this company. I think so far 5 of us here at Texas Airstream Harbor have signed up for this company. They provide UNLIMITED internet over the AT&T network (Cricket) for $60/mo. If you keep up with internet pricing, you know that is an amazing deal! Before I stumbled on this company I was trying to BUY an unlimited Verizon account for $500 to $700 bucks.

Anyway, the company is here https://www.4ghs.com

I would recommend that you get this AT&T hotspot to use with it. Tell the 4GHS people you have your own device and ONLY NEED THE SIM card.

http://amzn.to/293HbKS

The 781S hotspot linked above is the latest model for AT&T network and is compatible with the most frequencies.... so you will get the best coverage that AT&T has to offer. But if you already have an AT&T hotspot you can use the sim card in that too.

With a deal this great, I am just hoping it lasts awhile. Sometimes these companies who resell internet on the major networks come and go. But get it while you can and cross your fingers that it stays around. There isn't much risk in signing up because it is month to month, no deposit, and you own your own device.
WBCCI #1711
Texas Gulf Coast Unit, Texas Airstream Harbor
Angelina National Forest, Zavalla, TX
CA_Tallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:14 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Excella 500
Zavalla , Texas
Here is one more option for an unlimited hotspot -- this one is on sprint through a reseller. It is a little more tricky to get it and it is under $50/mo. And you have to apply as a business. Sprint's coverage is NOWHERE near as good as AT&T and Verizon, or even T-Mobile. But I got one of these anyway because I need Internet for my work and in case in some random campgrounds I may have a better Sprint signal than other services. I also have a bunch of data on T-Mobile and can use my phone as a hotspot in case that turns out to have the best coverage somewhere.

http://www.unlimitedville.com

The Unlimitedville company also has a number of other options on other networks that might work out for you depending on your situation but I think the 4GAS link in the first post is a better deal. If you need a verizon account, you can sometimes find people renting out unlimited data sims via eBay and if you really search you can get it for close to $100/mo. People also sell unlimited data accounts on Verizon but I lost $700 trying to do that when Verizon customer service screwed up on the transfer. After that, I promptly stumbled on the 4GAS site and just would have done that from the beginning had I known.
WBCCI #1711
Texas Gulf Coast Unit, Texas Airstream Harbor
Angelina National Forest, Zavalla, TX
CA_Tallguy is offline   Reply With Quote