Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-21-2015, 07:26 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Maybe a little late, but the "Infinity Reference 6032cf 6.5-Inch 180-Watt High-Performance 2-Way Speakers (Pair)" are a drop in replacement for the Clarions and can use the same grills. At $52 for a pair (on Amazon) they are an absolute steal... Infant, I just ordered a second pair for the bedroom...

Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 6032cf 6.5-Inch 180-Watt High-Performance 2-Way Speakers (Pair): Electronics
Old 10-21-2015, 10:32 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2004 22' International CCD
2015 30' International
Box Elder , South Dakota
Those Infinitys were the other speaker I was looking at! I called Crutchfield and could not get them to admit they were better than the Polks, though I suspect they might be. And the feature of being able to swivel the tweeter would be great for the downward-firing position in the bulkhead. Did you find that to be useful?
Crutchfield pushed hard for the Polks at $100, so I bought one pair from them out of fairness to the phone rep, then ordered the 2nd pair from Amazon for half the price....
I wanted to audition them both at a store first, but could not find a dealer for both near me. What has happened to the retailers?
lbdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:14 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
I cannot tell the brand of what I removed, no obvious markings except China. What's done is done and I like the Polks
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:02 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
, Georgia
TV sound coming through Wall speakers but can't control volume

We have a 2007 25' Classic with the Sony radio. The previous owners switched out the TV and we now have a Vizio. After reading these posts (huge thanks!) I can now hear the sound from the built in speakers. (CD2 was the magic setting). The only problem is I have one volume. It's almost too loud otherwise I wouldn't worry about it. Changing the Sony to 0 mutes the sound. Any other number (1 and up) gets the same volume. I have the TV all the way down otherwise it plays out of the TV as well as the built in speakers. The TV controls don't change the volume of the built in speakers. When listening to the radio, I can control the volume using either the Sony remote or selecting the buttons on the radio. Any thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!
Excella89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:56 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Manassas , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excella89 View Post
We have a 2007 25' Classic with the Sony radio. The previous owners switched out the TV and we now have a Vizio. After reading these posts (huge thanks!) I can now hear the sound from the built in speakers. (CD2 was the magic setting). The only problem is I have one volume. It's almost too loud otherwise I wouldn't worry about it. Changing the Sony to 0 mutes the sound. Any other number (1 and up) gets the same volume. I have the TV all the way down otherwise it plays out of the TV as well as the built in speakers. The TV controls don't change the volume of the built in speakers. When listening to the radio, I can control the volume using either the Sony remote or selecting the buttons on the radio. Any thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!
Take a look in the audio settings of your Vizio. Look to see if you have a fixed/variable option. It sounds from your description like it is currently set at fixed. Change it to variable and you should regain control of your TV volume. Regarding the Sony I am not sure why that is behaving badly.

You Tube Channel "Airstream Nerds": https://www.youtube.com/airstreamnerds

Find Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AirstreamNerd/
AStreamNerds is offline   Reply With Quote