Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-02-2005, 10:55 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1995 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Noblesville , Indiana
Sony Rear View Camera

Does anyone have trouble shooting knowledge on Sony rear view camera? Mine on Landyacht started going off line several months ago, then would come on and stay a few minutes then off again. On recent trip it was on all of about two minutes. Now it will not come on at all. This is a Sony hardwired unit, so will probably have to cut the wire and splice to install new camera if this is the problem. I don't think running new wire is an option as I cannot access the overhead wiring at all. Monitor seems to work fine and power to system is good. Any Ideas?
gunworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 01:27 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1995 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Noblesville , Indiana
Sony Rear View Camera

Purchased replacement camera at Rearviewsystems.com. It works like a champ and they include a replacement cable that adapts to the Sony 4 pin mini din. Camera is B&W and includes sound. View is crystal clear and provides a nice wide angle. A bit pricey at $195 but it saved me from rewiring the whole coach and purchasing a new monitor for the dash.
gunworks is offline   Reply With Quote