Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Olympia , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
I have tried that and it does not work. When the source on the TV is set to HDMI1 the sound comes through the TV speakers. When the Sony is set to CD2 the Sony's display shows a message something like no source or no input or something like that as if the audio out from the Samsung Blu-ray player is not connected to the auxiliary input of the Sony. One day I will take the whole kit and kaboodle apart and see what is going on. Besides, the Blu-ray player doesn't sit in there just right and the DVD tray hangs up on the black plastic trim around the DVD player like it needs to be propped up on the bottom left corner a little. Just a phillips head screwdriver and a matchbook should do it.
When watching tv with CD2 selected do you get the tv sound through the stereo speakers? You should. If not check the back of the tv. There should be a pair of wires with RCA connectors coming out of the back of the tv with a stereo cable connected to them and going into the wall. This feeds that cd2 input on the Sony.

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' International
Los Angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveswenson View Post

When watching tv with CD2 selected do you get the tv sound through the stereo speakers? You should. If not check the back of the tv. There should be a pair of wires with RCA connectors coming out of the back of the tv with a stereo cable connected to them and going into the wall. This feeds that cd2 input on the Sony.
I got this working! Trick was the mode button.

However, I don't get sound in all 4 speakers, just two of them. Is this expected?

Cheers,

Cb
ModernVista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I haven't had the opportunity to investigate the problem further since winter has set in. The trailer is basically put away till April. The tire covers are on and the batteries are turned off. I know there is a very small coaxial cable coming from both TV's, but I don't remember any RCA cables coming from the TV. I really ain't even worried about that, I just want the audio from the Blu-ray player to come through the stereo- so when watching movies or listening to an audio CD the sound will come from the speakers in the trailer the same way it does while listening to iPod or Bluetooth from my phone. This is a project I will resume in April. As for now we are getting much rain and it is cold.
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2020 30' Classic
Derwood , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveswenson View Post
If they only would have used "Digital Optical" out into the Sony head unit, assuming it has a digital input available...
JFScheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:18 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
The Blu-ray player is connected to the the TV with an HDMI cable...I think. i would just be happy to have RCA audio out from the Blu-ray player to the Sony. It may be that the new Blu-ray player doesn't have RCA audio out. Newer equipment has gotten away from S-video and RCA out in favor of component video, optical out, and HDMI. Maybe next week i will take it all apart and investigate. We are going to beautiful Lake Tiak O'Khata in Louisville, MS for the week. I know they make some sort of converter to make HDMI connect to coaxial cable, but I don't know if they make a converter for the audio...we'll see.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:25 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I got the sound to come through all the speakers. I assume when I am watching the living room tv and my wife is watching a different program on the bedroom tv I can fade to the front speakers only.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #47

2013 28' International
Gilroy , California
Setting the Sony to CD2 worked for me. Thanks!
Forlorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:50 PM   #48
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
MH- please accept my apology for re-opening your thread. Subject is similar as it is an issue with the Samsung unit. Seems like a good idea to keep related issues grouped together.

Our DVD player is still functional, but it take a bit of fiddling to get the head to accept the remote control commands. Appears to forget the protocol or possibly the remote receiver shuts down until it is reset.

When the head does not take a command from the remote, the manual start pressure point on the control disk gets it going. Ejecting the disk manually sometimes resolves the problem. Starting and stopping the head is sometimes required to enable the remote control. Not clear what is really changing in the control configuration.

Anyone had a similar problem? Were you able to resolve with anything other than replacement?

Your help is appreciated. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote