Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Samsung Blu Ray & TV Help

I've lost the Blu Ray connection to the main tv in our 2012 25FB. The bedroom tv works fine on Anynet+ but both HDMI inputs on the main tv show no signal. Any ideas? If you think it might be the connection to the splitter, please tell me how to find it. <smile> Thanks!
Jwestman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Olympia , Washington
In mine the splitter is behind the BluRay player. Take the screws off the front panel and the player will come out.

Did you check the HDMI connection on the TV?

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Thanks Dave... yup HDMI is plugged in. I'll check to see if I can get at the splitter.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Check the input source using your remote control?
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Michigan
input/source on main tv only offers hdmi1 or 2. The bedroom tv offers anynet+ and connects right away. I know the main was working a few months ago.. so I don't know what has gone wrong.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
2016 28' Land Yacht
Baton Rouge , Louisiana
Blu ray and TV

We have 10 years of post college education between us and still need a teenager to make the home and airstream electronics work for us.
Quite humbling.
TCA and GPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Olympia , Washington
My bet's either the splitter or the cable. Good luck!

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
Old 08-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Cat City , California
We have a 2012 FC with that Samsung TV in front. We have many problems so far with it. Here's what happened. It would just go OFF. Then a few minutes later, it might come back on. I would wiggle wires and such, and it would go off and on.

Well, after a fair amount of diddling around, I discovered a relationship with the AC cord inlet on the back of the set. It appeared that the cord would not seat far enough into the TV to make a solid connection. So, using an xacto I trimmed back 1/4" of the rubber at the end. Sort of like beveling it. This seemed to work for a few trips then it started again. More diddling. I now think that the AC inlet is soldered to a PC board, and has a faulty connection in one way or the other.

I am torn right now between tossing it in the rubbish and getting a new one, of perhaps better quality, and taking it down, removing the back, and seeing if there is something to repair.

Jiggle that AC cord!
mstephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Olympia , Washington
I ended up turning off Anynet on the bedroom tv. I couldn't watch the main tv without the bedroom tv being on. It got annoying. Thanks Samsung!!

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
Old 08-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Well. I've checked the splitter and e HDMI connection to the front TV which is the Samsung 4000 series. All the connections seem to be okay. I hope there isn't one buried in the wall. Any net+ does not show up on the set, only he one in the bedroom. I've read the manuals (a novel idea - no pun intended) and can't see what. I might be doing wrong. I also tied a plug and play re set of the main tv. Anybody have any further ideas?
Old 08-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Olympia , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwestman View Post
Well. I've checked the splitter and e HDMI connection to the front TV which is the Samsung 4000 series. All the connections seem to be okay. I hope there isn't one buried in the wall. Any net+ does not show up on the set, only he one in the bedroom. I've read the manuals (a novel idea - no pun intended) and can't see what. I might be doing wrong. I also tied a plug and play re set of the main tv. Anybody have any further ideas?
My next moves would be to test the cable by plugging into a different source perhaps direct to the bluray bypassing the splitter, and test the tv inputs by plugging into them directly using a different cable.

I did have a bad audio cable from the tv to the Sony, replaced under Warranty, so cables can be bad.

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
Old 08-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #12
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
While trying to watch a DVD I keep getting the message Mode Not Supported. The DVD will play for a few minutes then go off again. Everything else I have managed to figure out. This system should be a no brainer but it isn't. BTW, I have discovered that most TV stations have of course switched to digital which makes the antenna almost obsolete.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:05 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by graysailor View Post
While trying to watch a DVD I keep getting the message Mode Not Supported. The DVD will play for a few minutes then go off again. Everything else I have managed to figure out. This system should be a no brainer but it isn't. BTW, I have discovered that most TV stations have of course switched to digital which makes the antenna almost obsolete.
I don't know about the mode problem but the good news is your antenna is not obsolete for digital signals. Crank it up, power it on and scan for air tv channels. In some cases we've had 30 or more, many in perfect HD indistinguishable from hard wired cable tv at home. Good luck with the mode problem - I'm sure someone here will have an answer...
Old 08-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #14
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Michigan
To underscore SteveSueMac, make sure your power booster is on... little button with green light where cable lead comes in behind the tv... and you will get outstanding digital tv. Over the air quality of HD is better than Xfinity in my home.

Note: if you use cable, be sure to shut the antenna power booster off.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #15
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Thanks one and all for the help. The Mode Not Supported issue turned out to be a resolution problem. Had to set the Blu Ray player to 1080p.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #16
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Haines , Oregon
We've had multiple problems with our TVs, mostly because the dealership didn't know how it worked, and couldn't explain it to me. Another issue was the antenna booster was not documented in the owners manual. It took me a couple of trips to figure out that you had to cycle it through all of the TV options before it would select park cable.

Back to the original post, the cable for the main TV became disconected from the splitter behind the BluRay.

Thanks for the hint on turning off Anynet on the bedroom set.
Drathaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #17
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Whoever at Airstream decided to put TWO Samsung TV's in the same trailer without a clear explanation to the new owner on how they work (or don't work) should have to sit down for a coffee with a number of us. The remote controls seem to be interchangeable...so if you turn on the TV in the BR, the TV in front comes on. Or, you have an issue getting the BluRay to work on the main TV because it defaults to the BR. I solved the problem. I bought a Vizio at Costco and installed it in the BR and gave the Samsung to my son. He was happy and so am I. (I will NOT check the order to see how much I paid for that BR TV either....)
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Kent , Washington
Good info! Thanks everyone for sharing. I do have a couple of questions though. What is anynet? What does it do? How do you turn it off?

Also, how do I watch a DVD in the bedroom?
ProPride 3P Trailer Sway Control Hitch
WBCCI #7878
time2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
Whoever at Airstream decided to put TWO Samsung TV's in the same trailer without a clear explanation to the new owner on how they work (or don't work) should have to sit down for a coffee with a number of us.
Having coffee with us is too kind! :-)

It's is a really goofy decision (love my trailer, don't get me wrong....).
Old 08-14-2013, 12:01 AM   #20
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Never heard of anynet. I don't think I'v come across it. Anxious to hear all about it. The Samsung manuals are pretty skimpy. I solved one of my problems by going to the Samsung web site then "live chatting" with them. It took 2 calls and 3 reps but I did finally solve my problem. I'm starting to think that the system might be ok but it just takes a lot of fiddling and diddling to figure things out.