Old 08-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #15
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
Thanks one and all for the help. The Mode Not Supported issue turned out to be a resolution problem. Had to set the Blu Ray player to 1080p.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #16
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Twin Rocks , Oregon
We've had multiple problems with our TVs, mostly because the dealership didn't know how it worked, and couldn't explain it to me. Another issue was the antenna booster was not documented in the owners manual. It took me a couple of trips to figure out that you had to cycle it through all of the TV options before it would select park cable.

Back to the original post, the cable for the main TV became disconected from the splitter behind the BluRay.

Thanks for the hint on turning off Anynet on the bedroom set.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #17
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Whoever at Airstream decided to put TWO Samsung TV's in the same trailer without a clear explanation to the new owner on how they work (or don't work) should have to sit down for a coffee with a number of us. The remote controls seem to be interchangeable...so if you turn on the TV in the BR, the TV in front comes on. Or, you have an issue getting the BluRay to work on the main TV because it defaults to the BR. I solved the problem. I bought a Vizio at Costco and installed it in the BR and gave the Samsung to my son. He was happy and so am I. (I will NOT check the order to see how much I paid for that BR TV either....)
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Kent , Washington
Good info! Thanks everyone for sharing. I do have a couple of questions though. What is anynet? What does it do? How do you turn it off?

Also, how do I watch a DVD in the bedroom?
ProPride 3P Trailer Sway Control Hitch
WBCCI #7878
time2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
Whoever at Airstream decided to put TWO Samsung TV's in the same trailer without a clear explanation to the new owner on how they work (or don't work) should have to sit down for a coffee with a number of us.
Having coffee with us is too kind! :-)

It's is a really goofy decision (love my trailer, don't get me wrong....).
Old 08-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #20
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Never heard of anynet. I don't think I'v come across it. Anxious to hear all about it. The Samsung manuals are pretty skimpy. I solved one of my problems by going to the Samsung web site then "live chatting" with them. It took 2 calls and 3 reps but I did finally solve my problem. I'm starting to think that the system might be ok but it just takes a lot of fiddling and diddling to figure things out.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:34 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Issaquah , Washington
Anynet uses your hdmi connection from the tv to communicate with your bluray player or other device, allowing you to control it with your remote without being in the same room or having line of sight. Works great for watching a DVD in the bedroom. But with two tv's connected to one bluray its a real PITA. When watching a DVD on the main tv anything you do on the remote affects the bedroom tv.Just turn it off in the TV menu and forget about it. It might work ok if you watch movies in bed but for me it's more trouble than its worth.

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Well as the guy who started this mess, let me share:

After checking all cables and scheduling an appointment with the dealer to have it checked, I plugged in a disc last night to watch a movie in bed. Just for grins I turned on the living room set and switched it to blu ray and Bingo the movie was on! If I shut off the bedroom set it was still playing in the living room. However, if I leave the bedroom tv off and try to play a dvd through the front set only, I get no signal.

From what I can determine Anynet on the bedroom set is the key to getting reception in the living room. Not very intuitive, but I can live with it.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Issaquah , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveswenson View Post
Anynet uses your hdmi connection from the tv to communicate with your bluray player or other device, allowing you to control it with your remote without being in the same room or having line of sight. Works great for watching a DVD in the bedroom. But with two tv's connected to one bluray its a real PITA. When watching a DVD on the main tv anything you do on the remote affects the bedroom tv.Just turn it off in the TV menu and forget about it. It might work ok if you watch movies in bed but for me it's more trouble than its worth.
To clarify my response I meant turn off Anynet on the bedroom tv in the menu choices.

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #24
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Twin Rocks , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveswenson View Post
To clarify my response I meant turn off Anynet on the bedroom tv in the menu choices.
I finally got out to the AS and put some power on. Any time I turn the Anynet off of either set, the other TV freezes frame on the video. I have not yet been able to get the video to restart.

So far, I have not found the magic combination to turn Anynet off (using Anynet View TV option), and getting it to work on TV, with the other set continuing on the video...

Any ideas???
Old 09-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #25
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Twin Rocks , Oregon
OK - Solution...

I called Samsung, and was bounced up to their second level support after first level could not fix (reset the TVs back to default values).

What the tech said was that the signal from the HDMI splitter was not being turned off to the set where we wanted to watch air/cable. To get it so that I could watch BluRay on the salon tv, and air/cable on the bedroom set, I disconnected the HDMI input into the bedroom tv. It now does what I want, but it should not take disconnecting the set.

I don't know if Airstream put this together using a cheesy splitter, or what, but I am going to take it back in as a warranty issue. I am tempted to call Jackson Center before speaking to my dealer. It might take a coordinated effort between Samsung support, Airstream and the dealer to get this working the way it should.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #26
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
I have figured out most of my issues but I still have not found Anynet. I think we all are in agreement that this system is not without its faults. It should not be that complicated. Of course I could be over challenged. The next time I have an issue I will find some kid in one of the parks to explain it to me.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #27
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Twin Rocks , Oregon
Tincan, "Anynet" is the name Samsung uses for the HDMI network connectivity between their devices. If you don't have a second TV, you may not have any issues with it.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #28
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Twin Rocks , Oregon
Just a quick update. I had a bit of email correspondence with Airstream Customer Support. They believe that it is a shorted/defective HDMI cable. Somehow, I am leery of that diagnosis, but it's possible. Since multiple folks have the same issue, I suspect that there is something else as the root cause.

I guess I drag it in to the dealer when I get back.