Old 03-03-2018, 08:58 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' International
Boise , Idaho
Removing the locker dividers on 2013 25 Intl.

Hi all,

I want to remove the locker divider to install an additional 12v outlet and another dual-usb outlet. This divider already contains two 120v outlets (inverter and shore) and one 12v outlet. I removed the DVD cabinet and found the divider only has two screws visible (near the bottom). I removed these screws and found the divider won't budge. I'm missing something, the question is what?

-Adam

afk314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:15 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Do you have down firing speakers in that cabinet? If so, you can likely remove the speaker and reach up behind the divider without having to remove it.

dmcgaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:08 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Removing the locker dividers on 2013 25 Intl.

It might be wedged in place. If you can get the speakers out, try pushing gently from inside. Or hook something into the bottom back cable grommet and pull gently.

Mine stick a bit but gently prying with a plastic car trim removal tool helped get the ‘stuck’ one out. Ours had nothing mounted in it on the front streetside. Stereo head is in the rear streetside end of the upper cabinet.

We mounted our MPPT solar controller in the front face, and had to run some stiff cable behind the divider into our wardrobe closet.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:04 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' International
Boise , Idaho
Thanks. I did (briefly) look above the speaker and found it absolutely packed with wires and audio gear, it was nuts. I shuddered and screwed the speaker back in! But when I am back at the trailer, I'll check it out again.

I'm hearing the consensus is that those two screws are probably the only ones... anyone have a different experience?

A
Old 03-05-2018, 06:14 AM   #5
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Port Dover , ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by afk314 View Post
Thanks. I did (briefly) look above the speaker and found it absolutely packed with wires and audio gear, it was nuts. I shuddered and screwed the speaker back in! But when I am back at the trailer, I'll check it out again.

I'm hearing the consensus is that those two screws are probably the only ones... anyone have a different experience?

A
I believe mine has three with one at the top. Look in the vicinity of the track. I left them threaded to use as handles to pull out the panel. It was not difficult to remove, but yours is older and may be different. I can't recall if I removed the cover plates from the electric outlets and if that made a difference.

“One test is worth a thousand 'expert' opinions”
Sign at Boeing headquarters, posted by test pilot Alvin “Tex” Johnston, c1948
Adventure.AS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:18 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by afk314 View Post

A
On our 2012 International Serenity, the “locker divider” is simply a cosmetic cover placed on top of a structural plywood bulkhead that is used to help secure the cabinet to the wall.
The cover on ours came free once the screws are removed but there is the plywood behind it.
Bruce
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8F013CFC-F37A-4CFF-ADC9-4B1DF52A0BA6.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	305623  
Old 03-05-2018, 08:50 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' International
Boise , Idaho
Good info!

Good stuff. I was wondering why the wall was so THICK - makes sense now that I am only trying to get the facade off. Seems like it might be tricky to wire up some new ports in here from looking at that pic, but we'll see!

Thanks,
Adam
Old 03-20-2018, 05:40 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' International
Boise , Idaho
Divider

Well, oddly enough the curbside locker divider on my 2013 Intl was not easily removable. Although I had a thin divider on the street side that could be removed, the curb side was thick plywood and wouldn't budge at all after removing the screws. Gripping the divider through the cutouts and pulling hard could shake the whole trailer, so I had to work around it! Which wasn't ideal but proved perfectly fine in the end. Completely removing the AC outlets and the stereo allowed me to route some wires, install a couple of new 12v ports (usb, power) and get my Yagi antenna wire where I needed it.

Just another data point, but thanks everyone!
Old 03-20-2018, 09:57 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2015 27' FB International
Carlsbad , California
For the future......Mine has 3 screws and was wedged in..

J

DoublTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote