Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2009 30' Classic
Surprise , Arizona
Question Newby question- cable input

New to the forum and also to airstream. We recently purchased a 2009 30' classic. Can't locate where a parks tv cable line would hook up on the outside of the trailer. Any help?
Jackcat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
There should be a an outdoor electrical cover with flip open lids near the shoreline inlet and fresh water hook up.

I would expect one side of it to be the cable input and the other to be landline phone input.

In addition, inside the trailer there should be a wall plate with two cable tv jacks in it. One side comes from the input explained above, and the other goes to the wall plate near the TV.

This arrangement allows one to use the input cable as a satellite connection or cable.

For cable use, there needs to be a short jumper connecting the two inside jacks together.

Good Luck.

JD

jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:33 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2009 30' Classic
Surprise , Arizona
Thanks for the reply. Still cannot locate it, or even where one may have been in the past in case it was removed. I'm going to contact Airstream today. I'll feel pretty foolish if it it so obvious I just didn't see it.
We think we will be looking into a satelite dish.....never had one or knew anyone who has. Looks like previous owners had Dish Network, found some literature for them. Any suggestions?
Old 05-13-2013, 06:11 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackcat2
Thanks for the reply. Still cannot locate it, or even where one may have been in the past in case it was removed. I'm going to contact Airstream today. I'll feel pretty foolish if it it so obvious I just didn't see it.
We think we will be looking into a satelite dish.....never had one or knew anyone who has. Looks like previous owners had Dish Network, found some literature for them. Any suggestions?
You mean on the trailer itself? On our flying cloud, it's near the electrical connection - it's also under one of those grey boxes you have to flip up to see the cable connection. I would hope yours is similar....
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
amelia island , Florida
just had same problem, mine was inside large back compartment. look up at top left hand side, 2 gray boxes with covers. one for phone jack , one for cable. got it all plugged in but now cant get it changed from air jack to cable. only finds air jack. cant win!
greenproduct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2009 30' Classic
Surprise , Arizona
Talking

Thanks all, found it! Actually called Airstream and a tech helped me out before checking back here. Drivers side rear, have two compartments in the lower wrap around part, below the bright aluminum side. Both have latches, don't lock, covers flip down, rear most one has the cable connection on the left side. Have to really bend down to see it.
Mystery solved!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2003 30' Classic
Stratford , Prince Edward Island
Send a message via Yahoo to macofpei Send a message via Skype™ to macofpei
that is where mine is also. I have a portable dish set up to Bell (I'm in Canada) Under where the Television sets is the connection. I hook to the top one. I think the bottom is for cable but not sure. I have seen dishs on the roof and others like me, with the portable. I have an App on my phone that allows me to find the satellite I need and use that to find the correct angle I need than it's just a case of fine tuning.
Welcome to the form.
WBCCI #4782
"Southern Belle"
'03 Classic 30'
'10 Toyota CrewMax
macofpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2009 30' Classic
Surprise , Arizona
Thanks for the advice, need a lot of it. Guess I'm not an old dog yet as i can still learn new things. Lots to learn, but it sure beats working!