Old 06-25-2013, 05:30 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrug View Post
The built in one we saw was centered over the couch on the face of the overhead locker. Ours is in the radio itself and can't be seen. (Or at least I can't)
Debbie
I did got to the trailer and look. I don't see it. All the visible wiring in the cabinet is HDMI cables to the TVs. I thought I had remembered seeing it before, but I don't see it now. I thought I remembered my wife asking what it was. I know it works because I have used it before. I might be remembering the one in the ceiling of the truck? Oh well, as long as it works I guess it doesn't matter that I can't see it or know where it is.

1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:35 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
It seems Airstream may have used at least two different models. The S300 comes with a built in microphone. Sony must not have been pleased with that because the S310 only comes with an external microphone that has to be plugged into the back. AS tells me that in earlier year models they simply left the mic coiled in back, but in later models they installed the mic in the cabinet facing. Based on one response here, AS may have left the mic in the owners packet. I am trying to procure some Sony radio removal sticks so I can go pull my radio and see what I have.
Larry

Old 06-25-2013, 06:10 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
I posted about hooking up the microphone on another thread. I have a picture of my mic location there. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f317...r-97649-2.html posts #18 and #19.

There is a 1/8" female jack on the back of the radio that the mic plugs into and I found the microphone in the "packet" of materials provided when we purchased the Airstream.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:17 AM   #18
Rivet Master

Nice pic, that is what I had in mind, but since I bought mine used and there is no mic lying around in the trailer I will have to come up with one, assuming it is not coiled in the back as AS suggests. It sounds like they leave it in a bag with the owners stuff. If that is the case, mine is where the original owner left the pillows, bedspread, and who knows what else. Small price to pay for a really nice AS, though. I am going to get into it later this week. Thanks all.
Larry
Old 06-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #19
Rivet Master

Installed!

OK, I got out to the AS today and installed the microphone. I had to buy a mic as the previous owner did a disappearing act with that as well. Removing the radio was easy and AS did a very nice job of cabinetry. But trying to pull the mic cable was a beast. I had to remove the cabinetry covering the DVD player and feed the wire through there, in holes they drilled for all of the audio cables. Then my hand was barely small enough to get in through the Sony cutout to pull the wire and attach it to the Sony. I put the mic in the cabinet with the DVD player just sticking out into the cabin when needed. It works! Thanks for all of the help; at least I was prepared with the necessary parts.
Larry