Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
chalk hill , Pennsylvania
Group buys WFR SKY?

I've been involved with lots of automotive forums. There always seems to be someone starting a group buy to save money for an item lots of folks want, but I've not seen it done here on the Airforum. Not sure why. Right now, I'd like a Wifi amplifier, perhaps a SKY. Anyone else interested?
Dave
Getahobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
Recently, WiFiRanger offered discounts to Airforums.com members. See links below for discussions on the WiFiRanger, SKY and other WiFi-related products from WiFiRanger and other manufacturers:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f451...ems-94372.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f451...ead-90596.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f317...eam-79907.html

Note: Use SEARCH to find more links on WiFi and cellular mobile broadband problems and solutions.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #3

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
People have attempted group buys before, but since Airstreamers are such a diverse group, they seldom can gather up as much buying power as a large car forum.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getahobby View Post
I've been involved with lots of automotive forums. There always seems to be someone starting a group buy to save money for an item lots of folks want, but I've not seen it done here on the Airforum. Not sure why. Right now, I'd like a Wifi amplifier, perhaps a SKY. Anyone else interested?
Dave
Make sure everyone pays you in advance or you will be selling a bunch of them on EBay. I've seen that happen before.

My advice, which is worth exactly what you pay for it, is to shop around and find the very best buy you can for yourself and save yourself a lot of trouble.

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1958 22' Flying Cloud
Folsom , California
My wife gets caught up in group buys with her craft supply stuff all the time. She frequently talks about people who collect a lot of money then never ship out the product. She still does group buys, and fails to see a problem with it. The savings is minimal and she usually receives more product then she needs/wants.

Personally I don't think it's worth the risk or hassle.
ddstech is offline   Reply With Quote