Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-10-2005, 10:26 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1987 29' Sovereign
Sparta , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to wingfoot321
Garmin 2620 GPS unit

I just received my new Garmin 2620 gps unit today. Still don't know how I convinced the wife it was an absolute necessity.

This model has the hard drive with the US including Alaska & most Canadian provinces preloaded with mapsource detailed maps. No downloading to fuss with until time to update the software.

Originally planned to go with Delorme or similar loaded on the laptop but, the Garmin is just too easy, fits the truck & or car, low energy requirement, adjusts to bright sunlight, easy to hid in the car, and talks back to you. We named the female voice Madeline.

One of my friends had one when we took a trip and that was all it took to convince me. It takes you thru cities with ease; evens tells you which lane to get in as you approach a road change.
wingfoot321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 05:11 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1986 34' Limited
Prospect , Tennessee
Garmin GPS

I have also been looking at GPS units as we are getting ready to go full time in about a month. I had about decided to go with the new Garmin Streetpilot c340 (about $700 when available). Why did you choose the 2620 and what do you see as the advantages over the other series. There are so many features it's hard to tell which ones will be needed most. I will only have one vehicle, so portability is not so important. The more I look, the tougher it is to make a decision

Thanks,

Lee

Full Time.....keeping the shiny side up

Lee Davis is offline   Reply With Quote