Old 07-14-2019, 07:08 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB International
Broomfield , Colorado
Factory Cable Connections

I could not find a thread on how AS wired the 2009 25FB so...

2009 25FB, trying to connect a dish tailgater. Connecting to the external cable connection appears to go nowhere. Behind the tv next to the frig is a mass of wires but Im happy to bypass these till I can get home and reword the factory mess.

From the external cable connection where is the first termination? I checked under the table but neither port is active with the satellite dish connected.

I ran the cable through the back of the fridge for now but before I rip the whole trailer apart is there a way to use the existing wiring?

Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Melbourne Beach , Florida
As delivered by Airstream, the external cable runs from the outside jack to the dual jack plate. I don't know what you mean by "neither jack is active with the satellite dish connected." If you haven't already, check page C-6 of your manual. It is only partially correct, in that the current family of satellite receivers no longer have the coax output needed to connect from the satellite receiver back to the coax plate. The receiver has to be connected to the TV with component or HDMI cables. What receiver are you using?

Typically the top jack on the plate is the cable to the outside, but it may have been rewired. My Safari 25 had been reconfigured to allow the use of that cable to run a TV outside. Do you have an ohmmeter? Remove the jumper from the dual coax plate and push the button so the LED comes on. Take a small piece of wire and short the center of the outside connector to the shield of the connector. Inside with your ohmmeter check the two connectors. One should be shorted, 0 ohms. If only one is shorted, that is the cable to the outside. Remove the outside short and connect your receiver to the jack that read shorted.

They both may be shorted due to the splitter in the connector plate. If so, remove the short outside and find the inside connector that is not shorted and connect your receiver to that.

If you can't determine which connector is the one, you probably have some wire tracing to do.

Al

"You cannot reason someone out of a position they have not been reasoned into"

Al, K5TAN and Missy, N4RGO
2002 Classic 30 Slideout
S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
2001 Safari 25 RB Twin (Gone, but not forgotten)
WBCCI 1322, TAC FL-39, AIR 82265

Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote