Old 12-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2011 International 684
Koeln , NRW
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryg114 View Post
On the leveling app maybe a series of tones that changed pitch as you get close to level. This way you don't have to see the phone to use it to level the trailer. I expect you would select side to side level first and then do front to back level second since that is just running the tongue jack up and down. When level you just get a solid tone. You could just rotate the phone 90 degrees and use the same function for front to back.
I have a lady in that app telling you what to do next. Adding a beep option makes sense as it is probably loud enough to hear it outside. Those who join the beta will see there is an even better solution for solving this. ;-) It is one of the unique (but currently secret) features.

- Harry

Old 12-23-2014, 01:12 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry911 View Post
, please don't make this thread an iOS or Android thread

- Harry
Sorry, that was not my intent. Just my usual attempt at humor.

-Sent from a Chromebook!

Old 12-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #17

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
How do you do the oil temp readouts? Do you use a bluetooth diagnostics connector of some sort? I have been thinking of setting that up on our tow vehicle.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2011 International 684
Koeln , NRW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts View Post
How do you do the oil temp readouts? Do you use a bluetooth diagnostics connector of some sort? I have been thinking of setting that up on our tow vehicle.
Yes, it is using an OBD II connector available in all modern cars. Check http://www.airforums.com/forums/f317...ml#post1557633 above for details on this. These connectors are between 15 (Chinese copies) and 100 US$ (genuine).

In the view shown above, I have selected a number of parameters relevant for towing. There are four temperatures supported: oil, coolant, catalyst, intake. You can select the one shown with the big gauge (usually oil). There are several indicators for power development: power, torque, boost, gear, throttle. Furthermore, the current fuel consumption (mpg) is calculated and displayed. All gadgets show qualified warning levels - they are not just raw data.

I thought about a view focussed on emissions / economics too, but have deferred this to a second version. The current view is focussed on power (as an example, rpm is green for the range the engine is most powerful).

- Harry
Old 12-23-2014, 03:12 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2011 International 684
Koeln , NRW
P.S. Not all cars deliver all values, so please keep in mind some values may miss. For my TV, a Defender (using a Ford engine), all of these values are available, but your milage may vary.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:20 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2011 International 684
Koeln , NRW
A big thanks to all of you Airstreamers who participated in the beta. The beta is finished now and the app is online in AppStore.

We are traveling through Scandinavia with our European International 684 currently and have plenty of time to test the app every day. Some pictures are linked below. We have logged 3000 miles so far and plan to do another 4000 until we are back home.

All times good travels!

- Harry

Old 06-18-2015, 10:32 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Erie , Colorado
Harry safe travels. Really like the app. Using it with the TI Sensor Tag makes leveling much quicker.
ProPride
NVPN
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 01:06 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Eugene , Oregon
TI Sensor

Excited to try the app on our upcoming three week trip.

I purchased a TI Sensor Tag to use the leveling feature with the Tag instead of iPhone but the app does not "see it". I upgraded the firmware (version 1.12). The TI app does see the sensor.

Thoughts as to what I can try next to use the TI Sensor Tag?

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2015, 01:12 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2011 International 684
Koeln , NRW
Camper App

First or second gen SensorTag? See www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/ios

In case it is the new one, you need to wait for the next update to get support. I have submitted it to Apple a few hours ago.

We ran across a new version of leveling: iPhone on the table in the trailer and connected to car audio using BT. Way cool using the speech option, the lady is sending commands to the driver sitting in the TV. Good for roll leveling :-)

Harry
Old 08-13-2015, 04:12 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Eugene , Oregon
Thanks for the quick response, Harry!

I'm going to assume it's the new version because I just received it yesterday. I'll wait for the update. Maybe you could let me know on this thread when the update is live.

I will use your idea, which I have also done, with Bluetooth over the car stereo.

Will let you know my impressions of the app functions I use, here on this thread, after my trip.

Thanks again so much, Harry!

Chris
Old 08-14-2015, 12:53 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2011 International 684
Koeln , NRW
Great, thanks for any feedback. Take care to turn on the trip recording, it will give you a nice trip report.

- Harry
Old 08-14-2015, 06:59 AM   #26
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2009 30' Classic
Melbourne, FL , Searsport, ME
Harry,

I have a ScanGauge II. Does your app monitor engine oil temp (EOT), engine coolant temp (ECT), and transmission fluid temp (TFT)? If so, I assume I can replace my SCII with your app and a compatible dongle. Correct? If not, since there's only one OBD port is there a way to use both my SGII and your app or would I need to choose which I want to use?

Thanks.
WBCCI #2810
acstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:35 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2011 International 684
Koeln , NRW
Quote:
Originally Posted by acstokes View Post
Harry,

I have a ScanGauge II. Does your app monitor engine oil temp (EOT), engine coolant temp (ECT), and transmission fluid temp (TFT)? If so, I assume I can replace my SCII with your app and a compatible dongle. Correct? If not, since there's only one OBD port is there a way to use both my SGII and your app or would I need to choose which I want to use?

Thanks.
Camper monitors engine coolant, engine oil, catalyst, and intake air temperature. Transmission fluid temperature is probably a non standard PID, this one is not supported.

Harry
Old 09-26-2015, 10:47 AM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Eugene , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry911 View Post
First or second gen SensorTag? See www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/ios

In case it is the new one, you need to wait for the next update to get support. I have submitted it to Apple a few hours ago.

We ran across a new version of leveling: iPhone on the table in the trailer and connected to car audio using BT. Way cool using the speech option, the lady is sending commands to the driver sitting in the TV. Good for roll leveling :-)

Harry

Hi Harry,

Has Apple done the necessary update yet?

Thanks!

Chris