Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2015, 11:18 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Snoqualmie , Washington
Aux 2 & Mic in? on sony player in 2010 FC

I have the stock Sony player in my 2010 25FB Flying cloud. In the inside cabinet there is a cord with an input jack (about 1/8" female on end) that must attach to the back of the Sony (I assume). I was hoping it was an input i could use for an IPOD - but does not appear to be. it has a little white label on the wire that says MIC IN. when plugging my IPOD into it, and then going thru the different modes on the sony - no sounds. I can play my ipod using the AUX 1 input on the front of the Sony unit, but wanted to keep the IPOD in the cabinet - and not dangling out the front of the Sony. Anybody know what this 1/8" female line is for (adn why would it be labeled MIC IN)? is there a way to enable an aux on the back of the unit (going thru modes - it only shows radio, disc/DVD and Aux 1 (which is for the front input) and no mode for an input on the back.
Anders79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:28 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Do you have the owners manual for the sony

You could go online and find the manual.

I am guessing the cable is an extension because you can't see to plug into the back of the unit.

Are you sure the iPod was "outputting" when you did the test?

Can you reach in back to see if the extension is securely in place?

Was something plugged in when you tried scrolling through the input selector ?( this one was a long shot )

The extension may be after market, call Airstream or dealer

Lastly, the extension cable, plug, or unit may be faulty.

P.S. I might have said someone here will probably know, but I hate when people say that
mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote