Old 02-13-2017, 07:21 PM   #1
ARF
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Waban , Massachusetts
Any luck with T-Mobile unlimited video streaming?

Has anyone had success streaming video services with T-Mobile?

When planning for our full-time adventure, I thought I had the perfect solution by getting T-Mobile's 6GB data service with unlimited streaming for video services such as Netflix, HBOGo, Amazon Prime, etc.

Now, five months into our trip, I do not think we have ever successfully streamed a video over T-Mobile. We have the T-Mobile SIM card plugged into our Pepwave Max BR1. We have never been able to watch a streaming service via T-Mobile. We either get constant reloads, or just no connection to the video servers at all.

We can also hotspot to our Verizon phones. Verizon service always blows away that of T-Mobile. Even whatever wifi is offered by the campground outperforms T-Mobile. We also rarely use T-Mobile for regular surfing because it is so slow.

Now that Verizon is offering unlimited data again, I will probably cancel my T-Mobile service and plug the Verizon SIM card from my iPad into my Pepwave Router.

ARF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 03:43 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2016 30' International
Florence , Alabama
Did you have decent signal from T-mobile?

I'm sitting here at a fairly remote spot watching streaming video on my Verizon MiFi just fine.

joshjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:04 PM   #3
ARF
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Waban , Massachusetts
Yes, get a strong TMobile signal. I just don't think TMobile has the bandwidth to support video streaming.

I switched to the Verizon unlimited plan three days ago and we have been happily streaming since. Bye bye TMobile.
ARF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:25 PM   #4
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
We haven't tried your advanced technology (at night we might watch a DVD in the laptop) but in a lot of the rural parts of the western states, Verizon is the only service provider. Then there are a lot of dead zones. Like in the national parks.
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:58 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Wheatley , Ontario
mmmhhh, that's very strange. I use T-Mobile all the time for video streaming from Directv and or Netflix. I have a US account that I use in Canada as well. Full LTE speeds at NO roaming charges!!! I simply enable the Tethering function on my Google Nexus 6P phone (at no extra charge).
May be you are in a dead zone? When visiting the Outer Banks last year I experienced poor reception in certain areas...
lovetokite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:17 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 22' Sport
NCR , Ontario
cell coverage for top 4 providers

here is the coverage map for the top 4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cell data coverage in the USA.PNG
Views:	75
Size:	847.7 KB