Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-04-2017, 07:52 PM   #1

2018 33' Classic
McKinney , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Herm26U Send a message via Yahoo to Herm26U
2018 33' Classic Firefly/Alde/Awning Issues

Good evening folks! We took delivery of our new 33FB Classic a week ago knowing an update was being shipped direct to us to make our awning function. After speaking with Leon (Owner @ Firefly), I was able to update my multiplex panel system to 3.4. This was supposed to fix the issue with the awning but it didn't. My Firefly also doesn't talk to the Alde panel behind my shower head. All temp adjustments, shower boosts etc. on our maiden voyage had to be completed via the Alde panel directly.

I called Leon back and he reported that if the AS panel by the front door didn't move the awning, his panel didn't have a chance to move it. Makes sense.

We live in N. Texas, purchased the trailer from Windish in Colorado. I called Vogt in Fort Worth and they are taking appointments for mid-January! WTH? Windish folks said I should drive it back to Colorado and they would try to fix the issues, admitting they don't really know what's wrong. They "hoped" the Firefly update would fix everything. When it didn't, they are at a loss what to try next. The next closest AS dealer admitted he didn't know the first thing about the Firefly panel nor the Alde system! I needed to contact a dealer in a big city, maybe they could help. What in the world? Don't these dealers receive training???

How can this be? These have been out for months! I read the Much Ado Alde's 34 pages of posts, what a nightmare!

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting my awning to open. The tech at Windish said he could apply power directly to the awning and it moved so the motor(s) are working. I can live with removing the wall panel and make my heat and shower adjustments for my next trip (prior to mid-January) but it would be nice to be able to use my awning. Dang it this is frustrating!

Any guidance would be much appreciated!
Herm26U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:13 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
St. Albans , West Virginia
You Are Not Alone

We have had many, many, many problems with our 2018 33' Classic. Two trips to the dealer and two trips to the factory and we're down to a single page of issues now. I don't know how much I can help, but some of our problems were attributed to loose pins (wiring connection) in the panel under the closet. These loose pins caused a bunch of intermittent issues.

Good luck!
Lizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:14 AM   #3
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Hi Herm26U,

We're very sorry to learn about the issues you described in your 2018 33' Classic. Please call our customer service and technical support team at*1 (877) 596-6111, option 2 so we can learn more and help.

Thanks.
Old 06-22-2023, 09:20 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Little Rock , Arkansas
We purchased a 2018 Classic 33 FB and I should have done more research. We are having numerous intermittent electrical issues most revolving around the FireFly. I've spoke with Airstream tech support and the trailer has spent 7 months at the dealer in the past 12 months tracking down all the issues. So far no resolution. Be cautious of 2018 Classic 33FBs.
Luke12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 08:12 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Ovilla , Texas
Looking at buying a 2018 33 Classic. Has the Firefly/Alde issues been resolved by Airstream? Thanks
dmiracle is offline   Reply With Quote