Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-Pete View Post
. . .
Overall I'm very pleased with this printer. If you too are looking for a small compact printer, copier, scanner, you’ll want to check this one out.
. . .
Wondering if you have been happy with this printer? Any newer models you might recommend?

Thanks,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:43 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Rich, wondering if you have any new recommendations for wireless printing from your phone?

Thanks,

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw46 View Post
If the HP150 is like the HP Envy you just scan and then email it to yourself or anyone else you've set up. That takes data, however, and HP has a copy of your scan. I think regular printing takes data too, since it's wireless. At home I'm wireless but on the road I use the USB cable, it's faster anyway.

For your smartphone you need to download an app or two. HP ePrint and HP All-in-one Remote. I use both apps to print from my smartphone.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:51 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al and Missy View Post
Not what you asked, but I went with a small laser printer because with infrequent use I was concerned ink cartridges would dry out. I would like to have had an all in one but couldn't find one small enough to fit in one of our cabinets.

Al
I pulled the laser printer out a month ago after not being used for over a year. Printed right away on the first try. I can't scan or fax, but the print part is flawless. No ink cartridges to dry out.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:52 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks for the update, Al.

Peter
Old 07-05-2017, 09:49 PM   #25
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
I have had great luck with this series of Canon printers. TRULY PORTABLE, so devoid of bells and whistles but so small it fits in a laptop case:

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Mobi.../dp/B00NV9LL9Q
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:48 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks for the link and advice! Looks like a nice unit.

Peter
Old 07-06-2017, 09:41 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Wondering if you have been happy with this printer? Any newer models you might recommend?

Thanks,

Peter
Hi Peter,
My answer is yes and no, but mostly yes. Here's the down-low. I bought mine refurbished on EBay. I mention this because it has peculiarities that a new one might not. First it arrived with refilled ink cartridges. The 150 is finicky and can't tell what the ink levels are in refilled or off brand cartridges. So there's that. It started working poorly. I finally tried a me color ink cartridge and that fixed the problem. If the printer locks up, you have to make sure you cancel all print jobs from any computers connected to it via cable or Bluetooth. Then pull battery and disconnect from power. Otherwise the problem continues to repeat. It was frustrating giving that one out. Scanning is one page at a time and finicky. It must be done with cable connection (usb) only. Best to only do one page them saved at a time, otherwise tends to fail and loose what you've scanned. It's taken time and patience, but I've learned to get what I want from it. I'd give it 3 out of five stars on ease of use, but I'd give it 5 out of 5 on size and store ability. I hope that helps. Oh yeah, my battery is less than perfect. It does not hold a charge for long, but once charged I can run it right on the battery if it hasn't been longer than three or four days. Longer than that the battery losses it's charge. I probably could buy a replacement battery that would be more reliable. So far that really hasn't been a real problem.
TV 2006 Dodge Ram 2500
Mega Cab Diesel 4x4
Re-Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:37 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks Pete for the update.

Peter
Old 07-07-2017, 06:19 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Green Cove Springs , Florida
HP 250 portable. A bit pricey but a great printer/scanner so far.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:48 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-OfficeJet-...9431403&sr=8-2

They recommend printing a minimum of 100 pages per month, I guess to keep the ink flowing alright. Al's recent comment about his laser printer working after a long down time may apply?

Our very old Epson with separate ink cartridges sometimes sits unused for many months, but head cleaning brings it back up to speed FWIW.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Peter
Old 07-07-2017, 08:21 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB International
2007 19' International CCD
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
I purchased a new HP OfficeJet 250 All-in-One and used it extensively when I was on the road all of December and January. It prints in color and scans and worked very well. It is compact and has its own battery. I also purchased a CaseMatix that has the foam insert custom made to secure it.

I did not use the wireless feature. I only use a cable connection due to security concerns.

I use this with my Microsoft Surface Pro II and a Verizon Jet pack.

It was reliable and allowed me to have a truly mobile office. Price was not the primary consideration. I hade to have portability and reliability, and the HP 250 fulfilled the requirements. I purchased directly from HP.
Steamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:19 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
Fleetwood , North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to DreamStreamr
Our HP printer meets the only criterion we set - it fits in the under-sofa tub. Oh, and it works when we turn it on and try to print.

Jim N5RTG
dreamstreamr.com
DreamStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:00 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Bothell , Washington
The HP OfficeJet 250 has been absolutely flawless, producing great quality prints, and with wireless connectivity that actually works regardless of whatever device/OS you are using.
lcd32bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:51 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks for the update, good to know!

Peter
Old 09-18-2017, 08:53 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
Fleetwood , North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to DreamStreamr
We keep a b&w and color cartridge in sealed pkg plus the ones in the printer. Often go more than a month without printing, sometimes several months. Usually the printing goes well. We've had a few cartridges leak over the ten years it's lived under the sofa, maybe altitude adjustments but an occasional problem only.

It's a HP photosmart C4280. It's ridden along with us over ten years full-timing. We briefly tried a HP 110 wireless my mom had but couldn't get it working and went right back to this old reliable one.

Just about ready to not need a printer at all. Used to use it for scanning docs but now do that with the iPhone instead. Might copy or print a document for someone else occasionally. Very little printing on our own behalf, mostly just annual tax package for mailing in because NC charges so much for electronic filing, or rally coupon if we can't fill it out on the MacBook and send an ecopy instead.

Jim N5RTG
dreamstreamr.com
DreamStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:19 PM   #36
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Box Elder (formerly Long Island, NY) , South Dakota
I recently bought a Canon Pixima TS6020 All-In-One printer. It's compact enough to bring in my RV, offers a FIVE ink cartridge system and, can print wirelessly from a phone or tablet (as well as vis USB from a computer). I found a good deal on Amazon.
NY24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:44 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Are you all still happy with your printers?

Thanks,

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamy1 View Post
I purchased a new HP OfficeJet 250 All-in-One and used it extensively when I was on the road all of December and January. It prints in color and scans and worked very well. It is compact and has its own battery. I also purchased a CaseMatix that has the foam insert custom made to secure it.

I did not use the wireless feature. I only use a cable connection due to security concerns.

I use this with my Microsoft Surface Pro II and a Verizon Jet pack.

It was reliable and allowed me to have a truly mobile office. Price was not the primary consideration. I hade to have portability and reliability, and the HP 250 fulfilled the requirements. I purchased directly from HP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcd32bit View Post
The HP OfficeJet 250 has been absolutely flawless, producing great quality prints, and with wireless connectivity that actually works regardless of whatever device/OS you are using.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamStreamr View Post
We keep a b&w and color cartridge in sealed pkg plus the ones in the printer. Often go more than a month without printing, sometimes several months. Usually the printing goes well. We've had a few cartridges leak over the ten years it's lived under the sofa, maybe altitude adjustments but an occasional problem only.

It's a HP photosmart C4280. It's ridden along with us over ten years full-timing. We briefly tried a HP 110 wireless my mom had but couldn't get it working and went right back to this old reliable one.

Just about ready to not need a printer at all. Used to use it for scanning docs but now do that with the iPhone instead. Might copy or print a document for someone else occasionally. Very little printing on our own behalf, mostly just annual tax package for mailing in because NC charges so much for electronic filing, or rally coupon if we can't fill it out on the MacBook and send an ecopy instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY24 View Post
I recently bought a Canon Pixima TS6020 All-In-One printer. It's compact enough to bring in my RV, offers a FIVE ink cartridge system and, can print wirelessly from a phone or tablet (as well as vis USB from a computer). I found a good deal on Amazon.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:08 AM   #38
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
You do a lot of printing Peter?
My wife and I stock pile needed printing until we hit a Office Depot style business. We don’t have to do a ton of regular printing though.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:12 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB International
2007 19' International CCD
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
HP Officejet 250 Mobile Office=++++++++++++++!

Continues to perform perfectly.
Steamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:13 AM   #40
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSxyWhtGuy View Post
You do a lot of printing Peter?
My wife and I stock pile needed printing until we hit a Office Depot style business. We don’t have to do a ton of regular printing though.
Not a lot, but rather print out than go into a remote location. New printer would serve trailer and home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamy1 View Post
HP Officejet 250 Mobile Office=++++++++++++++!

Continues to perform perfectly.

Thanks.

Peter