Old 04-14-2010, 11:00 AM   #953
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocker View Post
Sorry I missed you two on your way east. Seems about impossible to meet up with anyone these days. No doubt we will finally meet on the road someday though.
Rodney,

We wanted to stop and see a lot of people, but we were on a deadline, the move was not exactly planned. But if you are in the neighborhood, let us know and we'll make plans to have a meal and a visit. This applies to everyone we have met.

Marie

Old 04-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #954
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Hi Terry, Marie, and Sophie,

I too am sorry to have missed you on the trip back east. I seem like only a little while when you stopped at Susan's on the way west and we all had dinner.

Hope the new venture works out for all of you!

Old 04-25-2010, 10:41 AM   #955
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
WooHOO! Terry and Marie are back near my neck of the woods. You both have my very best wishes and the south welcomes you with open arms.

Cool. This greatly improves the chances to meet up with you folks again. Next time I head towards your direction, I'll be looking for you.

Good luck in your new jobs. Will Sophie be going to work too?

Aluminocentricity
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #956
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfoot View Post

Good luck in your new jobs. Will Sophie be going to work too?
We're still working on that. We're still feeling like we got tossed in a blender, career and location wise...
Old 04-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #957
2 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Dallas , Texas
I've found Sophie's mom.

I've found Sophies Mom, possibly a wayward sister.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Free_Dog.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	101497  
Old 04-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #958
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanwilder View Post
I've found Sophies Mom, possibly a wayward sister.
Uhh, uhhh... Umm... er, thanks for the update to the Sophie Family Tree. I looked on Ancestry.com's website, but couldn't find any info.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #959
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Los Angeles , California
So today the wife and I finalize the move into our old/new 1984 34' Limited. We are trying to commit to two years of full-timing. It will take us that long to save enough money to purchase some land and even then I have a hunch we will continue to "live the dream" until I finish building a home for us. This adventure is scary as hell. We full-timed last year on a location in Northern Minnesota on Lake Vermillion. It happened to be one of their coldest winters on record and we were in the coldest place in the U.S.A. according to the statistics. Hence, the reason we moved backed to California. Our old '73 Sovereign faired pretty well through that time and I was forever sold on the Alumidream. I ask you all to keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we try to full-time in Southern California. Its the crime not cold this time I am concerned about. I look forward to meeting you all in person one day. Thanks for the inspiration and goodwill.

Regards,
Kevin
Old 05-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #960
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Kevin,
We will keep you in our thoughts. We just left Riverside CA to come back east. Good luck with finding a good location to park it.

Marie
Old 05-30-2010, 02:10 PM   #961
2 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Dallas , Texas
The fulltiming adventure begins

(Hence, the reason we moved backed to California. Our old '73 Sovereign faired pretty well through that time and I was forever sold on the Alumidream.)
--------------------------------
I've heard that the Baha area down in Mexico is a great location for reasonable docking fees.

ENSENADA RV Parks and Camping Baja California Mexico
Old 05-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #962
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Los Angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanwilder View Post
I've heard that the Baha area down in Mexico is a great location for reasonable docking fees.

ENSENADA RV Parks and Camping Baja California Mexico
We would love to spend some time in Mexico. My wife's brother lives down there too. I am just a little concerned about the crime in Baja; especially closer to the border. I wouldn't mind the surf though. Fresh seafood everyday is a perk not worth overlooking too.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #963
2 Rivet Member

1995 36' Classic 36
Orangevale , California
Wow, finally got through reading through this whole thread, what an adventure and inspiration! My wife and I are gearing up to full time and have been reading the forum for any and all sorts of information, what an incredible resource. Terry and Marie I wish you all the best in whereever your travels lead. Every so often we just need to take a leap to keep things from getting too complacent, it's about time now. The kids are out the house and while we are not retriement age, have things set up so that we can fit more traveling in and still keep our businesses running. Maybe it will lead to being on the road full time maybe not. The adventure and experience will be valuable no matter what.

So after reading about all the repairs that come and how easy they are to tackle I've got my Harbor Freight screwdrivers and vise grip and can't wait to tear into the engine and tranny along the freeway at 11PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #964
3 Rivet Member

1983 30' Airstream 300
Plantersville , Texas
miss the updates on sophie Also miss the adventures that you have had. I hope that all is well with you and yours I see where you have posted on other threads so I know you are still in the loop Again I miss you and wish you the very best

Kay
Old 01-21-2017, 04:22 PM   #965
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Final Cruise

Most everyone know we have now lived in North Carolina for nearly 7 years, and have been still traveling with Bertha since we moved here. A couple of years ago, Marie suffered a stroke, and we have curtailed much of our traveling as an indirect result.
Over the course of the last year, I have come to realize such a large trailer is not something we need, when we go out three times a year. The maintenance requirements of a vintage trailer, as well as its size, are working against our using it more. With that in mind, We've reached the difficult decision that our trip to Alumalina last Fall will likely be the last one we take with Bertha. I've acquired a much newer, much smaller, hopefully easier to maintain trailer that will be more in line with how we now are able to camp.
I hooked Bertha up to the truck this morning, and pulled the trailer to the dealership where I work, to put it up for sale. It was a sobering moment, realizing we have had this trailer nearly 10 years, and put many miles and many adventures behind it, and us. At least we know it will be easily gotten ready for another camping season for its new owners, and has some upgrades I didn't add info on in this thread. Things like a set of Alcoa wheels, a Hensley Arrow hitch, and a pair of HD televisions. If anybody is interested, y'all can call the dealership, Out of Doors Mart, and ask about it.
With any luck, you can watch for us next Spring in our "new" 21' trailer.
See you down the road!
Old 01-21-2017, 04:47 PM   #966
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Best of luck to you and Marie, Terry.

Maggie

Tags
1974 sovereign, travel