Old 10-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #799
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57 View Post
Quite the trip-alogue. I enjoy the detail. At times one wishes they were along, at others as when little discoveries are made like the frame incident, one is very glad that they are not part of the physical trip.
What is amazing is how they take it all in stride!!!!!

Welcome to California....Marie, Terry, and Sophie!

Jackson Rancheria, 10-12 Oct 2014
Pinnacles Nat'l Park, 20-22 Feb 2015
Casini Ranch, 10-12 Apr 2015

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 10-04-2008, 10:02 AM   #800
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbler5 View Post
What is amazing is how they take it all in stride!!!!!

Welcome to California....Marie, Terry, and Sophie!
Good morning,

We have to take things in stride, because if we didn't, after the last 1 1/2 years, we would be totaly nuts by now.

Thank you for all of the good wishes, we feel very blessed to have been offered this opportunity.

The area we are in is very beautiful and peacefull. Everywhere you look there is a mountain. I love mountains, yeah, I know that won't last long, but for right now it's great.

Starting Monday, I will be looking for a nursing job. There seems to be plenty of them around. I'll have to do something else until my Ca license comes through, but since I'm not afraid of hard work, It will be okay

Well time to make coffee. Have a great day.

Marie

Old 10-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #801
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Good luck with the job search. A friend of ours went into a seniors home applying for a nursing position and they mixed up the interview process. She realized they were interviewing her for the role of overseeing the maintenance and cleaning staff. A couple of quick questions revealed that it being a supervisory role there would be no nights or weekends, the benefits better, and she told them she'd like to continue the interview. She is thoroughly enjoying the role that she's had now for a year and the nursing staff love it because someone with the same level of understanding of cleanliness and how they actually use the equipment is in place. A win/win for everyone.

Take care,
Barry
Old 10-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #802
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Westward Ho!!

Glad you all arrived safely and with Bertha mostly in one piece! Being not all that handy, we really appreciate not only what you have endured but that you are more than able to repair, re-do, replace, or rectify any mishap or misadventure to come your way. We applude and congratulate you Marie, Terry, dear Sophie, and also Andy, and wish you all a happy new chapter in the Great Adventure called Life.

Best Wishes,
Sue & Ike
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #803
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
I never guessed your destination, but I didn't think you were headed for LA! Best wishes to every one (and dog) involved in this exciting transition. Goodness, when I remember the frightening posts after Terry's accident, the trials you two endured, the new visions you developed, and now, new trails and shared adventures. You surely have been tempered by hard times, and created stronger and wise for all your new possibilities. Congratulations ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:07 PM   #804
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Getting ready for the first day...

We completed a few tasks this weekend, notably rehanging the sliding door to the bathroom, and trying to find places for all our "stuff". Marie seems a little concerned when I am crawling around on ladders, and I spent a great deal of time over the last two days going up and down them, moving stuff around on shelves, and getting our junque' out of the way of the business. We are still staying in Bertha, so frame repairs may have to wait until we get an apartment here, and can move there. I'll drop the front belly pan, and see how involved it looks.
One thing we've noticed here, is a complete lack of mosquitoes. They seem to like water, and there isn't much of that lying around. Interestingly, it rained here yesterday, as well as in the middle of the desert on Thursday. I'm told it's unusual at this time of the year, even the small amount of rain there was.
Tomorrow starts the new position with Inland. I'm not sure how being a moderator will conflict or not with working for one of our forum's vendors, we'll see how it goes.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:44 PM   #805
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Glad you made it to the Promised Land

Wow, lots can happen in a few days. I'm glad you three are safe in LA in spite of all the "unexpected events" along the way. Y'all are bombproof!

Terry, I kinda thought you might be joining up with Inland Andy. It's true!! That's awesome. Marie, I'm sure the right position will find you. Of course, they may find Sophie first and you'll just have to be part of the bargin.

Best to luck to all of you.

• • • Aluminocentricity • • •
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #806
4 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Thumbs up A heartfelt "good luck" from the Heartland...

It's been great reading about all your adventures for the last one and half years... It gives the rest of us hope when we run into a challenge...

It will be exciting to have someone we sort of , kind of , almost, somewhat know in a round about, not quite personal way to talk to at Andy's. I'm sure there is still something that we need to order!!! There always is!!!

Remember, you're always welcome in Kansas!

67 Sovereign, double bed, rear bath-"Moby"
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, Quad Cab-"Ahab"
"Vintage trailer, vintage owners"
silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #807
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Don’t worry about it Terry. If you need some I can send you a box of prime Arkansas mosquitoes.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:00 AM   #808
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
Congrats, Terry, Marie and Sophie!!!! I am so glad you arrived safely and are set up and ready to go. And what better place to be in to make frame repairs!

That is the one thing Brad really likes about living in that area--the almost total lack of bugs! Like Vaughan says--we will be HAPPY to send you some mosquitoes if you are feeling the lack. I will have to call the wranglers to see if we can round some up and lasso them.

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:17 AM   #809
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Hey look...the last three post...an Arkansas Trifecta...good luck on your new adventure and I know things will work out just the way you planned...glad you all made it out there OK!!!!

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #810
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Thanks, guys (and girls). I think we've found a replacement for the mosquitoes here--ants.
I woke up at 1 o'clock this morning with ants all over me and my bed, and yes, they bite. They aren't as aggressive or as painful as fire ants (if you haven't encountered them, consider yourself lucky), but it is still not a good way to wake up in the middle of the night. They seem to be traveling along the shore power cord, I liberally doused that, the water and sewer hoses, and sprayed a circle around the stabilizers, tongue jack, and tires. I then washed my hands and went back to bed--on the couch.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:45 AM   #811
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
If you think the ants are bad out there...wait til you see the uncles!!!

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #812
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet Another Shortage I Can Help With!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Thanks, guys (and girls). I think we've found a replacement for the mosquitoes here--ants.
I woke up at 1 o'clock this morning with ants all over me and my bed, and yes, they bite. They aren't as aggressive or as painful as fire ants (if you haven't encountered them, consider yourself lucky), but it is still not a good way to wake up in the middle of the night. They seem to be traveling along the shore power cord, I liberally doused that, the water and sewer hoses, and prayed a circle around the stabilizers, tongue jack, and tires. I then washed my hands and went back to bed--on the couch.
I should have thought of it in the first post. I'll be glad to include the fire ants from my yard in the box with the mosquitoes.

Didn't have them till a couple of years ago, now requires constant diligence.

Tags
1974 sovereign, travel