Old 05-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #961
2 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Dallas , Texas
The fulltiming adventure begins

(Hence, the reason we moved backed to California. Our old '73 Sovereign faired pretty well through that time and I was forever sold on the Alumidream.)
--------------------------------
I've heard that the Baha area down in Mexico is a great location for reasonable docking fees.

ENSENADA RV Parks and Camping Baja California Mexico

stanwilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #962
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Los Angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanwilder View Post
I've heard that the Baha area down in Mexico is a great location for reasonable docking fees.

ENSENADA RV Parks and Camping Baja California Mexico
We would love to spend some time in Mexico. My wife's brother lives down there too. I am just a little concerned about the crime in Baja; especially closer to the border. I wouldn't mind the surf though. Fresh seafood everyday is a perk not worth overlooking too.

Wisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #963
2 Rivet Member

1995 36' Classic 36
Orangevale , California
Wow, finally got through reading through this whole thread, what an adventure and inspiration! My wife and I are gearing up to full time and have been reading the forum for any and all sorts of information, what an incredible resource. Terry and Marie I wish you all the best in whereever your travels lead. Every so often we just need to take a leap to keep things from getting too complacent, it's about time now. The kids are out the house and while we are not retriement age, have things set up so that we can fit more traveling in and still keep our businesses running. Maybe it will lead to being on the road full time maybe not. The adventure and experience will be valuable no matter what.

So after reading about all the repairs that come and how easy they are to tackle I've got my Harbor Freight screwdrivers and vise grip and can't wait to tear into the engine and tranny along the freeway at 11PM.
Pomfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #964
3 Rivet Member

1983 30' Airstream 300
Plantersville , Texas
miss the updates on sophie Also miss the adventures that you have had. I hope that all is well with you and yours I see where you have posted on other threads so I know you are still in the loop Again I miss you and wish you the very best

Kay
carnegie1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 03:22 PM   #965
Rivet Master

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Final Cruise

Most everyone know we have now lived in North Carolina for nearly 7 years, and have been still traveling with Bertha since we moved here. A couple of years ago, Marie suffered a stroke, and we have curtailed much of our traveling as an indirect result.
Over the course of the last year, I have come to realize such a large trailer is not something we need, when we go out three times a year. The maintenance requirements of a vintage trailer, as well as its size, are working against our using it more. With that in mind, We've reached the difficult decision that our trip to Alumalina last Fall will likely be the last one we take with Bertha. I've acquired a much newer, much smaller, hopefully easier to maintain trailer that will be more in line with how we now are able to camp.
I hooked Bertha up to the truck this morning, and pulled the trailer to the dealership where I work, to put it up for sale. It was a sobering moment, realizing we have had this trailer nearly 10 years, and put many miles and many adventures behind it, and us. At least we know it will be easily gotten ready for another camping season for its new owners, and has some upgrades I didn't add info on in this thread. Things like a set of Alcoa wheels, a Hensley Arrow hitch, and a pair of HD televisions. If anybody is interested, y'all can call the dealership, Out of Doors Mart, and ask about it.
With any luck, you can watch for us next Spring in our "new" 21' trailer.
See you down the road!
Old 01-21-2017, 03:47 PM   #966
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Best of luck to you and Marie, Terry.

Maggie
Old 01-21-2017, 04:07 PM   #967
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Terry, it was 2008 when I saw Bertha, Marie and yourself in CA....time certainly does fly doesn't it. I think you're making a smart decision with Bertha and hopefully someday we can meet up again. Richmond KY isn't that far from North Carolina

Take care, say hi to Marie for me and good luck with the sale of Bertha!

Brad
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:00 PM   #968
Remember Burma Shave!

2006 19' Safari
2000 25' Safari
1985 25' Sovereign
Fort Myers , SW.Florida
Happy trails

HAPPY TRAILS ... My Airstream Brother.
My 19' Bambi serves me well - thanks to You.
NORM #3305

"... there is nothing you can't fix yourself ...
... if you're handy ...
... with a check book! ..."
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:30 AM   #969
Rivet Master

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
A quick update.
Bertha has been sold, and her new family picked her up, and took her off to Virginia, where she should have many more years ahead of her, as Lesa, the new owner, has plans for further rehab and use. I think there will be a little adjustment needed in perspective, as they currently have a 37' 5th wheel, with 3 slideouts. I hope it will be as interesting and entertaining for them, as it was for all of us.
I'll be starting a new thread about the "newsed" 1993 we now have. It's in pretty good shape overall, but will still need some work. See you there!
Old 02-08-2017, 05:56 AM   #970
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Good deal Terry!

Post the link to your new thread here so I can find it

Brad
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:58 AM   #971
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois