Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-14-2007, 08:08 PM   #41
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Since you're working on your iteniary, don't forget the "Show Me State". That, of course, would be Missouri.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:54 AM   #42
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
If it had leaked, we could have named it "Titanic"
I don't know...maybe that would be an appropriate name. I'm sure the new trailer is as leak-proof as the Titanic was "sink-proof".
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:43 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
So far so good, 2nd day of rain and the only leak so far was from the roof vent in the kitchen that I left open when it rained. OOOOOOps.

Bought tile for the kitchen and bath today and we are going out to look at carpet after the physical torture guy leaves.

more to follow.

Marie
Old 05-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Good evening,

Blue carpet is in the back seat of my car. Vinyl flooring looks like marble.
Also have the metal pieces to go on the ends to prevent fraying.

Terry just finished the resin on the floor, so it will be ready for me to fininsh cleaning in the am. I only have the front section to do, and it doesn't look as bad as the kitchen and bath.

Stay tuned for further updates as we have them.

Marie
Old 05-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #45
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I was going through the paperwork left by the PO, and found the reason the trailer has "that smell". Receipt for repair of the toilet, which was dumping waste water on the floor, and the carpet. Nothing on the work order about cleaning the carpets.
Oh, and the only carpet still remianing in the trailer is, of course, in the bathroom. Sigh...
Old 05-15-2007, 11:47 PM   #46
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
I can try to send pictures of our front sofa - it looks to be the same. (worst case - by US mail). A PO had it re-done and there is lauan plywood inside the cover under the bottom cushion and on the back cushion as well. The seat and back are attached and have zippers for the lauan and foam to slid into. Nothing moves around and it has kept it's shape. The single "arm" has a very firm foam, shaped to fit the curve of the wall and is attached to a hard back - lauan i would guess. I can measure, make paper templates or what ever would help.

Sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:59 PM   #47
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Another thought ....

The mattress situation.... can memory foam be cut? I've seen the memory foam toppers at Sam's Club & other ads, etc, and wondered if a larger one could be cut in half for twins?? I believe they come in different thickness levels.

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:47 AM   #48
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Suz,

Tammy, silver threads, is making the cover for the sofa for me, I just don't have the time. But I would very much like to see your pictures. She is also doing the curtains, because hers look so much better than mine, plus we have the time factor.

Bob's, in Ocala, has the matresses for less than 100.00 for each bunk and the memory form here would be over 250 for each bunk. We needed the 8 inch because of Terry's injuries, he needed more padding. But believe me when I say all suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Keep thinking, I need all the help I can get. Brain overload can be hazardouos.

Marie
Old 05-16-2007, 05:54 AM   #49
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Looks like you two are going great guns on the new airstream. You will have a sweet unit in no time at all at this rate.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:06 AM   #50
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray
Looks like you two are going great guns on the new airstream. You will have a sweet unit in no time at all at this rate.
If we have it done when you get down here, you can always help polish it. It would be great practice for polishing yours, and yours would look like a small trailer after that.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:40 AM   #51
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
If we have it done when you get down here, you can always help polish it. It would be great practice for polishing yours, and yours would look like a small trailer after that.
Funny thing, I was thinking you could help finish polishing mine.....

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:44 AM   #52
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Okay, I'll hold the polish rag, and you drive the Tradewind back and forth real fast past it...
Old 05-16-2007, 06:46 AM   #53
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
And I am going to take pictures and sell them on the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marie
Old 05-16-2007, 08:43 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Good Evening,

All cleanng has been completed and Alumasub has gone to the storage lot and sits right next to Goliath. We never unhitched a trailer as fast as we did Alumasub tonight. We had 3 minutes before they locked up and loosed the dogs. Just made it.
This was after 9pm, then I announced I was starving to death and we went to Mels and ate dinner. So, sinice it's almost 11pm, I'm going to bed. Good Night.

Marie
Old 05-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #55
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
On the new trailer, a friend came down to help do what I couldn't, and the water heater got installed, but not hooked up. I think I can do that, if I take my time. We hauled it over to storage, and found out halfway there that the running lights periodically go out. We of course found this out just after dark, with police on every corner...
Old 05-17-2007, 07:19 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
went out to storage this evening and moved out of Goliath and put the stuff in Alumasub. Not much else done for her today as we are prepping for the yard sale this weekend.

Marie
Old 05-21-2007, 08:23 PM   #57
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Like a Texas tornado

After my whirlwind camping trip this weekend, I came home to have a fellow forums member and my brother help take out the old, broken fridge, and replace it with the one that arrived via common carrier Friday as I was leaving for our meeting with Goliath's new owners.
Of course, the install did not go smoothly, the fridge was about 3 inches shorter than the original, and we had to install shims under the base of the new fridge.
More problems were found when I turned on a light, and nothing happened. After much looking and testing, it was determined the Univolt had shorted out, and drained the battery. Another forums member has a slightly used converter he is donating to the cause, maybe it can be installed this week. It is in a small compartment under the bathtub, accessed through a hatch in the curbside closet.
Here is a photo of the new fridge, for the amount of money I was expecting gold plated hardware...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 162.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	37711  
Old 05-21-2007, 08:29 PM   #58
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
there's more

I also got a set of new Marathons for the new trailer, and sent my brother to get them mounted for me. While the tires and wheels were off, I got Marie to park me on a cushion at the brake drums, where I checked the brakes, and repacked the wheel bearings. Unfortunately, one set of bearings is rumbling, and will require replacement. I will order them tomorrow. Also, one set of brakes was not connected to the eletrical braking system, I fixed it.
Here is a photo of the drum containing the offending bearing:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 161.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	37714  
Old 05-22-2007, 06:08 AM   #59
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Sure, we will help. Let us know next time you are in New England!

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:54 AM   #60
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Good morning,

I just finished ordering the fabric for the gaucho and having it shipped to Silver threads so she can make the gaucho cushions. Bought the new microwave/convection oven last night, and lucked out since it was on sale at Wal mart. Very nice black with silver trim.

Today, after my massage (Sister is a massage therapist and I've been invited to have lunch and a massage this afternoon), I will be starting the tile and carpet. Wish me luck since I haven't done this in a long time.

Everything is ready to move into alumasub, or bertha, (we have been calling her Bertha) so, that much is done. Still waiting for Hospice and the used furniture people to call me back. I still have a ton of stuff to get rid of.

Marie

Tags
1974 sovereign, travel