Old 11-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2005 22' Safari
san diego , California
The first year

this past month marked my first year of full-timing in my 22' safari. i've learned so much about airstreams/rvs, and know that this is the life for me. every couple of months, i get to housesit for a week, and use a Real shower, but i'm always happy to come back home.

my current dream is to eventually move into a 16'. my status symbol is to live in a smaller space than anyone else! :}

i am free in all the ways that you are not. -fight club
shinyteepee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
Currently Looking...
Ogden , Utah

I've been doing the mental debate whether smaller is better or bigger is better as I think about going on the same endeavor.

You read about people up sizing and few people downsizing regarding size of trailer. Glad to see some one thinking smaller.

Congrats on the first year.

photog321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:09 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Talking Small spaces

You must be good at:
  1. refusing to acquire "stuff"
  2. brutally throwing out "stuff" as it starts to wear out
I had work done on my unit almost two months ago, and did a big throw out then, but I went and bought a vacuum cleaner (small carry type Oreck - and now I need to "re-purge". How the heck did I get three hand held microfiber dusting brushes?

Small generally makes it difficult to lose sight of anything - and thinking of what else you'll have to give up probably keeps you from buying a whole lot. However, no matter how minimalist you want to be, you must keep at least one spare roll of toilet paper!

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:45 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member
2011 16' Sport
Eugene , Oregon
Paula, you're too funny! Way to go shinyteepee!! That is so cool! I feel the same as you all. I have a 16' Bambi and I'm living in it right now and loving it!! Can't wait to take off traveling fulltime though. I've done alot of small trips (800 miles was the longest) but want to get out and explore more!! Take care.
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:13 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member
2005 22' Safari
san diego , California
though, we are unusual is this "get more stuff to fill 5,000 square feet" culture, it's nice to see there are a few other minimalists out there. :}
i am free in all the ways that you are not. -fight club
shinyteepee is offline   Reply With Quote