Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1999 34' Excella
NE Central , Kansas
Survey: Monthly RV Park Rates in your area

Since it was mentioned in another thread, I thought I would start an informal and unscientific survey of fulltimers who 'live' in one spot, or have lived in the same spot for more than six months. I'll start it off:

Alamogordo, NM, White Sands Community and RV Park: $260 per month plus electric. Includes free cable TV. Both 30 and 50 amp sites available, most amenities.

Lots of snowbirds from Wisconsin and other northern states winter here.

Oh...here is that other thread: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...en-105186.html
Old 05-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Virginia Beach, VA

You generally can't get monthly rates in the summer season here in the beach. Even in the winter the rate is $500 per month for a supersite (concrete pad, elegant as heck, high end picnic table and fire ring, internet). For full hookups about $350 per month. Either are 30 & 50 amp hookups and include electricity.

In the summer there are some rural camps - generally out of the area by about 30 to 60 miles which rent monthly and yearly - some as low as $250. I've only seen one where the electric was privately metered though that is common in mobile home communities.

Moose Club - membership + $12 per night, electric and water. Don't generally want you to hang around for more than a week.

Paula
Old 05-29-2013, 07:06 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Monthly rates around are pretty much all over the map. We have a sliding scale on ours, depending on the rig, the number of people, why they're here, pretty much anything. Basically, the top end of the scale is a scare-off rate.

Lynn
Old 05-29-2013, 07:17 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Grenada, MS, Frog Hollow: $471 50 amp, full hook-ups, wi-fi
Southaven, MS, EZ Daze: $475 50 amp, full hook-ups, wi-fi, cable, pool, hot tub, masseuse...
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
Wise Elder

2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
I typically see $600 a month or $1800 seasonal quoted.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Jensen Beach , Florida
monthly rents

Alachua, Fl. Monthly rental with taxes is $383 for 30 amp and $405 for 50amp.
pdurkin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Lynn, thankyou so much for sharing those pics! Outstanding! I wished I could live in NM. At least you showed me more pics than I will ever see.
If you know of any work camper positions let me know. I can type at a break speed of 20 words per minute, pull weeds, cook, clean break stuff and can do CPR. Oh and I can xray anything. Thanks again for those pics.
I live just south of Seattle. I pay 408 a month plus electric. There is basic cable, but I don't use it. There are no flilly club houses, no masages, no geisha girls or chipendales. It is 55 and over, quiet and safe.
lightng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Austin , Texas
$275 in Austin TX includes water and trash. Quiet park with many long term residents of 20+ years.
yve79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1999 34' Excella
NE Central , Kansas
I didn't realize some places in FL would be so affordable! Thanks everyone for input. Anyone in Corpus Christie or Padre Island area of Texas?

And I also appreciate Lynn's photos! With practice, mine may become 1/2 as good.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Oh, I guess you mean those shots on Flickr! It's just my way of storing pics -- and looking at the pics of others! (Flickr lets you join "groups" by subject, and the subjects of the groups I belong to are all about NM and the southwest.)

I really wouldn't know where to locate jobs, though I've heard that workamper news is the place to go. We have looked into volunteer work, though. There are lots of positions. (I even found one for which the job description involved wildlife photography! Delicious!)

Volunteer.gov Home Page

But back to monthly rates, they really to vary a lot. It also depends a good deal on whether the park is in an area that needs lots of field workers or is more tourist/snowbird oriented and whether the park can be open year-round or not. Places like, e.g., Quartzsite are great in the winter (parks open), but nearly impossible in the summertime (parks often closed); by contrast, areas that get lots of snow and cold weather may have more closed parks in the winter, but are wide open in the summer.

Lynn

Lynn
Old 06-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #11
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
BLM land in the southwestern Arizona desert near the lower Colorado River between Quartzite and Yuma: no hook-ups, no vegetation, no nuthin'-- absoluby-lutely free. We did see some encampments that an enterprising entrepreneur with a sani-truck was visiting and presumably pumping out periodically. We saw a similar free camping area near Overton, NV that the Lake Mead ranger nicknamed Poverty Hill. Some of the RVs there looked the part, but we also saw some new big motorhomes. I can't vouch for the neighbours, but you can't beat the price.

A pricer version would be something like Katherine Landing just north of Bullhead City, AZ, in Mohave Lake National Recreation Area. No hook-ups, but beautiful, uncongested National Park Service-standard sites for $6/night with your National Parks seniors pass, and a one-month camping limit per CG. The sites were surrounded by oleander shrubs and palm trees and many had nice views. The weather was 50- or 60-ish and windy this past February, but it was still a lot warmer than the northern climes. Presumably you could stay in one of these federal CGs for a month, then repeat at one nearby. We didn't check out the concessioners' CGs within the Lakes Mead and Mohave NRAs, but they are on the Internet.

Yuma, AZ and outskirts must have a hundred thousand or more commerical RV park unit sites. The weather around Yuma is, apparently, pretty reliable for the snowbirds. We visited friends in the Pioneer RV Park in Wellton, AZ and their rates for snowbirds were reasonable. Many residents left their RVs down there full time, but headed north in the spring once the weather started to get too hot. The southern Arizona sites tended to be pretty much plain gravel surfaces with hook-ups, which took some getting used to, but the RVers were extremely friendly.

Unfortunately places with nice winters tend to have ultra-hot summers, and places with nice summers tend to have miserable winters.

Pity.
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

2002 27' Safari
steamboat springs , Colorado
We pay 650$ including everything. Staying at 7400 ft in elevation near mt Evans Colorado. Will be moving closer to Denver during the winter. Our rent will be 600$ there.
COLORADICAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:11 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2001 34' Limited
Tucson , Arizona
Wichita, KS. Air Capital RV $325/month + metered electricity. Free WiFi, cable& curbside trash. Nice newer park opened last year, all concrete & nice grass but unfortunately no trees! Considering the offerings here in Wichita....Not too bad. Plus it is only a mile from I-35 so there is about 60% overnighters to 40% full timers.
truxpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:23 AM   #14
4 Rivet Member

1999 34' Excella
NE Central , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by truxpin View Post
Wichita, KS. Air Capital RV ...
Thanks for that! I'd consider returning to Wichita if the right job comes along. At this point, however, I still prefer seeing the rest of Kansas in the rear view mirror. Funny how one's perception changes as the bank accounts dwindle.