Old 10-06-2014, 10:42 AM   #15
Rivet Master
1985 25' Sovereign
Venice/Nokomis , Florida
I do not full time but on occasion we use our AS in the Summer, when we have guests or I am doing a project of sorts inside. The only issue I ran into was condensation on the metal parts of the AC when we frequently opened and closed the door with the high humidity. Other then that,good to go!

Bill and Janice, We're lovin' it! (Airstreaming)

WBCCI #8880
AIR #41310
airdreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:58 PM   #16
Vintage Kin
Corpus Christi , Texas
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
When I had my unit, I ran AC while in Fla. AC failed and the tech said because of low voltage from the outlet. I had checked things when first settled in but not later.

A TT here caught fire when owner left town with both on low. Low park voltage and high early morning humidity placed too high an amperage load for voltage available. Leave fan on high in this instance. Even with dehumidifier running constantly A/C fan should always run on high well before dawn. An auto former may help but one is near TT elec system limits.

1990 35' Silver Streak Sterling; 9k GVWR.
2004 DODGE Cummins 305/555; 6-manual; 9k GVWR.
Hensley Arrow. 10-cpm solo, 18-cpm towing
Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #17
Rivet Master
1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
I would not run the thing full time in storage. I would consider a dehumidifier. I keep a box fan in front of a window with it on low. A couple other windows are open to circulate air. If the inner skin is cold water will condense inside the walls. If the inner and outer skins are more or less the same temp then less condensation. Keep it out of the sun as much as you can but let it sit in the sun some to dry things out. Did you get a roof over your pad yet?

Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
I am interested in this general question as it relates to storing my Airstream here in central alabama...have heard folks leave it on in summer all summer set at say 85 degrees...I could later on have 50 amp hookup at home...I do not now...for now I have enough juice to run dehumidier only full time - keeps it hot but dry year round (keep at 50% in summer).

If I LIVED in it in FL.....that sucker would simply run as it needed to all the time
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:36 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I now use dehumidifier full time and keep things sealed up

No roof yet - next year projected

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote