Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1982 31' Excella
WSMR , New Mexico
Patuxent River, MD Fulltime

Looks like I might have to work in the Pax River area for the next two years--anyone know of a park that accommodates extended stays. I have a 82 Excella and living in it full time in White Sands, NM--it's only been four months but it's been very enjoyable. Cheers to all
jckolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Military or DOD??? - try some of the military installations in the area - several have nice campgrounds. There are restrictions but most can be worked out with the management.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 20
Lusby , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jckolding View Post
Looks like I might have to work in the Pax River area for the next two years--anyone know of a park that accommodates extended stays. I have a 82 Excella and living in it full time in White Sands, NM--it's only been four months but it's been very enjoyable. Cheers to all
Hello and welcome to the area,
There is a campground in Leonardtown that does long time rental spaces it is located south of route 4 on route 5. The name is La Grande Resort. It is on the south bound side of the street. Haven't stayed there. Was at the store this weekend and the campground looked to be nice enough from what we saw.
If you are military you might be able to stay long term at the Navy Recreation area in Solomons. It is on the south bound side of route 2-4 just before the bridge.
I hope this helps.
Kathy
Decembergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Jupiter , Florida
After New Mexico the Airstream experience will get complicated - rain week at a time occasionally, snow and lingering 33°F winter rains... Secondary roads that date back to horse and buggy days that haven't been improved (much)... some really wonderful crops of mosquitoes... I'd sure be tempted to find an extended stay lodging solution and visit the trailer parks in person before getting too deeply committed.

The 301 bridge into Virginia is new and nice into Dahlgren - I think Virginia will have better chances of trailer living once you get off the principle highways, Colonial Beach, etc..