Old 06-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Wonder Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlingbooks View Post
fr8tshaker - Would like a little more info on the washer and dryer. How much time does a load take to wash and then dry. I just spent over $15 to do 1 weeks worth of laundry, 4 loads. The little units on your list are intreging.

Anne Marie
The Wonder Washer has a timer that allows you to set it up to one hour. It also has a separate control for normal or gentle. I place my items in first then add the water to the line in the bucket portion. It takes just a little of liquid detergent since it is about a five gallon container. It has done a good job on our clothes like shorts and shirts, dish towels , under clothes and will wash one full size bath towel or one pair of jeans at a time. It also does one bed sheet at a time very well.The $50 price is easily recouped v.s. a laudromat, whick you already know. The motorized base stores in the wash bucket and easily fits under the bed.

The spin dryer is not a heated dryer. It works by centrifical force. It spins the items at a high rate of speed and wrings out most of the water just leaving them damp. It accomplishes this in 3 minutes or less, depending on the item. It does not cause distortion of the fabric like hand wringing does. During inclement weather I have placed the items I laundered on my foldable rack or placed them on hangers and then hang these on the rack to air dry, usually in the living area. and not had any dripping. I do place a plastic table cloth under the rack just it case, but as yet have not had a problem. I usually place a fan on low to help speed up the drying. Many lightweight items take less than 15 minutes. I store this unit in my closet.

There is also a portable clothes dryer available that I hang items on hangers to dry in after a cycle through the spin dryer. For things like shirts, shorts, dishtowels the fan method works well and I do not use the portable dryer at all. It is very easy to setup and breakdown. It stores quite compactly under the bed.

Of course during nice weather the foldable clothes rack is great. I usually have it up outside anyway, since it dries and airs out our bath towels everyday. It is light weight and stores easily at the back of the closet. The marbles are a must on breezy days to prevent the rack from being blown over due to the wind catching items hanging on the rack.

I have been happy with this setup. I only go to the laundromat for blankets or when I have several pairs of jeans at one time. It has easily paid for itself and is really easy to wash a load and spin dry which is a godsend when miles from a laundromat. The conveinience of doing a load of laundry while I do other things or just relax instead of toting things to a laundry is also a very big plus.

I use mine fairly regularly when home and all three have held up well.

'shaker

fr8tshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:22 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Two Birds With One Stone

BTW - I have found the wonder washer and spin dryer the best way to wash my curtains and not end up a nightmare.

I just remove the from one window at a time, wash, rinse, spin dry and rehang them, open the window, aim a fan set on low at the curtains and they dry before I get the next set of curtains washed and ready to rehang.

I have also found that If I pour the water down the sink or shower my gray tank gets a good cleaning and deodorizing from the OxyClean I use to brighten the curtains.

'shaker

fr8tshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:44 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Parkdale , Oregon
fr8tshaker - Looks like we have a very similar set up. '06 34 classic, although ours has the S/O; F350 ford, ours an '06; and a Hensley Arrow. Thanks for the info on your laundry set up.

Anne Marie
Old 06-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Parkdale , Oregon
Oops! Ford is an E 350!