Old 01-12-2015, 07:43 PM   #29
2 Rivet Member

2010 23' FB Flying Cloud
NA , Here and There
We just moved into our 2010 flying cloud last week ourselves! We're not brave enough to use our water tanks and have been relying on space heaters, jugs of water, and a nature's head composting toilet to get business done. Keeping warm is a chore with those -30 degree wind chills we had last week. 17 degrees has never felt so good!

Old 01-12-2015, 09:04 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2007 28' International CCD
Springfield , Missouri
No water from fresh water tank

Sounds like by supplementing with a additional heater your gas furnace did not run enough to keep water lines from freezing.I run just the gas furnace set at 68 degrees.
Last week in the Florida panhandle we were surprised by temps in the low 20's.We had no problems with our water or condensation.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Old 01-13-2015, 11:07 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Golden , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strasser View Post
We just moved into our 2010 flying cloud last week ourselves! We're not brave enough to use our water tanks and have been relying on space heaters, jugs of water, and a nature's head composting toilet to get business done. Keeping warm is a chore with those -30 degree wind chills we had last week. 17 degrees has never felt so good!
Strasser, how do you like the nature's head? We want to go that way but haven't the money nor room yet. Did you remove existing toilet? Where do you dump?

Here's to heat wave this weekend! 54 degrees thus Saturday! Wahoo!

I'm restless. Things are calling me away. My hair is being pulled by the stars again. -Anais Nin
tifspiff9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:00 AM   #32
2 Rivet Member

2010 23' FB Flying Cloud
NA , Here and There
We love it so far, though we haven't had it very long. We are currently parked at a trailer park. We use a funnel to dump the urine container directly into the sewer pipe. It's very quick and easy. We haven't had to dump the sold waste yet. I think most people just put it in a dumpster or bury it in a biodegradable bag. We will go the dumpster route for now.

I did remove the old toilet. We plugged the hole and built a simple platform over the old spot to seat the toilet on. I took pictures of the process to post, but haven't taken the time to write it up yet.

... and yes. We are loving life when it rises above 30 degrees. :-)