2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
What's crazy about space aliens?
Attached Images

Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:19 AM   #58
1972 Travelux Princess 25
Cobourg , Ontario
Reminds me of the story of the fellow whose car broke down right beside the mental home. The wheel fell off his car and all the wheel nuts were lost.

While he was trying to figure out how to send for a tow truck one of the inmates sauntered over to the fence, took in the situation at a glance and said

"Why don't you take one nut off each of the other wheels, put on your spare and drive slowly to the nearest garage?"

The motorist thanked him for the idea and asked what he was doing in a mental home.

The man said "they sent me here for being crazy not stupid".

Living in the trailer park of sense, looking out the window at a tornado of stupidity.
Ganaraska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:22 AM   #59
1972 Travelux Princess 25
Cobourg , Ontario
By the way screwballs start conversations with me and I'm not exactly the warm fuzzy type. My theory is they will talk to anyone who will listen. In fact I have a hard time getting them to shut up and go away.
Living in the trailer park of sense, looking out the window at a tornado of stupidity.
Ganaraska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #60
2 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Sonoma County , California
Not quite retired yet, still working weekends, and trying to pull this together on a social workin' salary. In fact, one of my favorite "crazy not stupid" clients was getting panicky, asking me if I was going to drive away in an Airstream! I assured him I was not (at least not right away!) Yes, he's psychic, and says the darndest things!

Space aliens? I'd think Airstreamers would attract them, reto-space age good looks and all! But I had the opportunity to go inside and look at that Silver Streak, the inside needs some serious cleaning, but otherwise looks great.... no evidence of leaks, all the original cabinets and "birchwood beauty" intact, turquoise appliances and counter tops, closet space, and easy potential for more closet space. Needs new tiles (wood floor) It could pretty easily clean up into a nice convergance of warm wood retro-modern, with a very liveable floor pan. Oh, and the body has only minor dings, and a nice rock guard intact.

It's in a used car lot, attached to a parts store, that seems to be run by some old timers who've been there forever. The used car lot is full of vintage classic fixer uppers and 80's has-been vehicles, and the guy who runs it is never there, so, it's apparently more of a hobby than a living. I left my phone #, but no call back yet. I'm figuring on an eccentric old guy, and it will be way over priced, or way under priced. If I can get it for less than $3,500 I might go for it.

What say ye group? Not an Airstream, but right size and shape. Exterior/interior acceptable, need cleaning, but will probably need new axle/suspension (looks rusty), tires, new pipes, new propane, air conditioner? Big project!

janemaati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #61
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
If it feels right, do it.
🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:10 AM   #62
1 Rivet Member
1986 Argosy
Wfere ever I am , Virginia
I've been full timeing for a year in a 30 ft. Argosy and have been thinking of goin bigger. As far as home base think about a mail drop in South Dacota. Excellent tax breaks, can get mail forwarding service for about $100.00 + forwarding charges, very easy on registration, etc. As far as size, one thing no one has mentioned, Large trailers ar way easier to back up, and harder to pull forward. If you get too big will limit where you can stay, but most place can fit a 30 footer. Good Luck

burk321 is offline   Reply With Quote