Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Los Altos , California
Need suggestions for stashing the AS on the road..

My husband and I have been full timing in a 2012 AS International Signature 27 FB for 3 months. So far, so good (except for the exploding window the 3rd day and the Use/Store switch that failed a couple weeks ago - I'll save those for another post).

My husband does consulting and he has 4 trips coming up before December. We are traveling in the upper midwest (currently in Michigan) and plan on exploring on into New York and New England and perhaps down the eastern seaboard. I know it will depend on where we are, but we need some general ideas on how/where we could store our AS safely for about 3 days or up to perhaps a week each time while he does the consulting.

Does anyone have any ideas of what we could do?

Thanks!
sandi
Old 09-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
You might find some members in the area who would be willing to let you park on their property.

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Some rv parks have cold storage available. Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Storage unit companies sometimes store vehicles too. Make sure they have sufficient security. How much security depends on crime in the area. We have seen storage units surrounding my high fences with razor wire and cameras in Santa Fe, for ex. Other areas just park them and you hope for the best. Campgrounds with storage have more people around and may be well lit, or not.

Get a hitch lock, put a padlock on the coupler lever and there are locks to go between the wheels. Buy the best padlocks you can. Some buy Denver boots for a wheel. Some remove a wheel (or two on tandem trailers). No locks are perfect, but they slow the thief down and they may opt for someone else's trailer.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
Are you members of WBCCI? Courtesy parking at some members' homes is a wonderful benefit!
Skatiero is offline   Reply With Quote