Old 06-05-2008, 05:21 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2004 19' Bambi
Denver , Colorado
Our 19' Bambi has a shower, toilette, bed, stove, oven, fridge, furnace ... and we use all of them all the time. If those things didn't matter to us we would have saved $35k and bought a tent. You can use these things without abusing them. Just wipe down your shower after each use, keep things clean and tidy and get on with your day - at least that's what I think.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:23 PM   #16
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
We have lived in our trailer for 9 months, and I have yet to use the shower facilities, other than to rinse off before and after a dip in the pool.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
We have lived in our trailer for 9 months, and I have yet to use the shower facilities...
Must be getting pretty stinky by now Terry!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:28 PM   #18
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
Must be getting pretty stinky by now Terry!

Shari
Let me rephrase that, I have yet to use the campground shower facilities...
Old 06-05-2008, 05:28 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
TeeHeeHee!!!!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:57 PM   #20
Rivet Master

We use the campground facilities in State Parks in, for example, the Florida Keys, because several use solar power to heat the water, and also because LPG for our water heater is way over $30 for a 30 pound refill down there. Kind on the planet, kind on the purse. Coincidentally, I've spent the past two days installing a vacuum tube solar heating system for our swimming pool.
Nick.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #21

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
We use our own as much as possible. Like others have noted, that's why we bought the trailer and have these nice facilites. I too long remember the filthy showers, lack of hot water, showering in freezing temps, and the best shower of all up at a campground in the Wisconsin Dells.

It was a pay shower, we had a pop up and it seemed like I had to walk half a mile to get to the shower. First use prior to knowing it was a pay shower, I had a quarter in the pocket. No problem. Got in, put in the quarter and ice cold water hit. I jumped back turned it as hot as it would get and it stayed cold. I waited and finally I could feel that hot water was getting there. Waited some more and finally it got hot. I jumped in lathered up and clunk the time ran out. I wiped the soapy mess off me, got dressed, went back to the pop up, gathered a few quarters, hiked back to the shower and finally got the job done. Lessen learned, one quarter to get the water hot, one to actually shower.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:41 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
It's two A.M. and...

You drank three glasses of iced tea for dinner.

You're insane if you try to make it to the campground facilities.

Paula
Old 06-05-2008, 08:18 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
I will ABSOLUTELY use a campground shower over the moho one. I do like water pressure and elbow room. I have to be somewhat of a contortionist to use the one in the moho, due to the layout and the darn step in the tub over the wheel well.

I will use the toilet in the moho over the one in the campground for its convenience. We have a decent-sized black tank, so no worries.

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #24
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
We have lived in our trailer for 9 months, and I have yet to use the shower facilities, other than to rinse off before and after a dip in the pool.
We lived in ours for seven months last year, always with full hookups. My wife liked, at one campground, the NEW showers and GREAT service on them, for washing her hair. I usually wandered over once or twice a week when I wanted a very long, high pressure shower, especially after being out in the heat and humidity.

Otherwise, sure, the pleasure of a full bath is the nicely private accomodation.

I've run into those other types, funnily often full-timers. For some of them I think it was their big social hour, reading aloud the newspaper from the toilet stall, hee'in' and haw'in' with the guys shaving. A regular WWII movie soundtrack, waiting for Sgt. Stryker to come in . . . .
Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:23 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Phil View Post
I am wondering if any one else is baffled by the owners of beautiful motor homes, Airstreams or others, who use the available shower and restroom facilities at RV parks. I have asked several owners of parks and they say that is quite common...they don't want to use their own bathrooms to save them for re-sale value! My thought is this; we bought this so we would have our own bathroom, and shower, and we don't wear flip-flops in it, either. Are we doing something wrong??????and have you noticed this?????????Regards, Phil and Sam
Hi, same thing, but different; I always ask people why they put K-Mart seat covers on their brand new cars. They tell me that they want to protect the factory seats and get more for their car when they sell it. I say, use the seats that you paid dearly for, and put the K-Mart covers on just before you sell it. "I didn't buy nice new seats to save for the next owner." Same with my trailer, I paid dearly so I could use my stuff and not go to motels, hotels, or camp ground facilities. And like some of you, after the tanks are emptied, [hopefully close to home] I am forced to use rest stops Etc. until I get home because I have no way to drain my tanks at home.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:15 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
North Central , USA
The trailer ALWAYS, and since we have covered storage with full hook-ups next to our villa we dump when we get home. If we're in a restaurant while on the road we still use the trailer, beats using tp or those cover sheets to sit on...
Old 06-06-2008, 04:23 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
North Central , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
And like some of you, after the tanks are emptied, [hopefully close to home] I am forced to use rest stops Etc. until I get home because I have no way to drain my tanks at home.

Before we moved to NTAC (North Texas Airstream Community - ntaci.org) with the full hook-ups and covered parking at our villa I used to use the 4" clean-out on the side of our former home. almost all homes have one. If the location is not very convenient there is a thing called sewer-solution that can get your 'stuff' up a grade and go as far as you want with hose extensions. Sure like not having to worry about dumping.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:41 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
long showers for me!

I'm spoiled, I like long hot leisurely showers and washing my long hair which takes lots of water to rinse. As a veteran camper from girl scout days, plus tenting, to present, I don't have a problem with using campground showers. Especially with the kitty litter pan in the shower stall which is a pain to move and no place else to set it. I have a bag set up and ready, all I have to do is pick it up and go to the showers. As far as the toilet, well I like the one in the trailer best. But even so, usually campground facilities beat public restrooms in malls and shopping centers for cleanliness (you can usually smell the bleach!) by a long ways.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

http://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote