Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2009, 07:59 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Cool Gorilla Duct Tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkill View Post
Anyone have a tip for cock-a-roaches? I entered Opehlia a couple nights ago and witnessed a HUGE mother )$#(@! on the living room floor. About a month ago I found one in the sink. After my second sighting though, I am seriously grossed-out. I have been considering putting off a bug-bomb. Any problem with that??? Laura
...You are Florida -where roaches are thriving well. Try some Gorilla Duct Tape...pull off about seven inches and make an inverted circle with it (sticky side facing out) and put them whereit's dark and warm on the wall and above the fridge inside on the ceiling of storage...they will get stuck and oddly enough it seems they know how to yell for help cause others will come to see whats going on. Pretty soon there will be a group sitting there. Ha!
Old 12-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
Hornets;

Most of us have problems with Hornets or Mud Dabbers getting into the furnace or HW heater. Prevention is to us dog flea collars. On the furnace I put a short length in the exhaust and intake vents during the summer, for the WH I put some behind the access door.

Ants;

Spread some Damascus Earth around the tires it is a fine grain sand that ants will not cross. Also put some where the power cord touches the ground.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:04 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
I won't kill spiders either, sometimes we have an occasional jumping spider (the kind that look like army tanks) will come in and you can watch them hunting and scoping ...As far as roaches, we like to take four inch pieces of Gorilla duct tape and invert it into a sticky circle and just attach them into your dark storage areas. One or two will get stuck fast and will start yelling for help---then a whole bunch more will come running to see whats going on and then they will be stuck, next thing you know - you will go to check on them and there will be a pack sitting there stuck and looking perplexed ha!