Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2011, 04:47 PM   #1

J-Boro , Tennessee
Just Registered!

Hello!

I just registered as I am looking into this full time gig.

I'm overstressed in my job and have had continuous problems with my new (built in 2008) house. So I am looking to sell my house and get a new (most likely lower paying) job.

I am intrigued by the idea of fulltiming. I'm considering a used 34' Excella. I came here to look into the pros and cons of this type of life. It seems like working out the winter time conditions is key. I won't be doing any towing as I have some land to put it on. I am looking into a vintage trailer to restore with a more modern/green tilt. I'm sure Airstreams aren't the best live in RVs but I just love the timeless look. Also, in my mind the aluminum construction is better than the polymer type of rv every other company markets.

I'll keep use the search function when I can and try to keep my questions out of the redundant realm!
TurbStLCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:51 PM   #2

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Welcome to the forums. You'll find a lot of info about full-timing, and at 34' Airstream is going to offer you the most interior space you can get in an Airstream. Rednax may be along later to point out that a 34' SilverStreak is another big aluminum possibility for your purpose, as are some of the later big Avions.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Welcome aboard and good luck with your search for an Airstream AND a new way of life... It doesn't sound like a bad existence, but do think through the pros and cons as they apply to you!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Denver , Colorado
I'm new too - welcome anyway! My head's been spinning since I started looking around, but everyone seems so helpful and genuinely caring. I'll look forward to seeing your progress!
zlee is offline   Reply With Quote