Old 02-27-2019, 01:47 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Peyton , Colorado
...it's getting real

So. We've come to an agreement with an Airstream dealer (not in our state, but close) and are working out the details. We know which TV we're getting and are working out the details. We have decided on America's Mailbox/South Dakota and have started filling out the paperwork. We have decided on a date to put the house on the market. The finances are in order. The Purge of Possessions is ongoing (I am good at it; it'll get done.) The parents are coming to terms with the idea that we won't be 15 minutes away anymore.

I may be freaking out just a little. The husband may be a little grumpy.

We can do this thing, right? Tell me we can do this...! (Tell me what I'm forgetting - I know there is something!)
Wahhhhh
Ranee

SnooMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:21 PM   #2
AirDreamer

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnooMc View Post
So. We've come to an agreement with an Airstream dealer (not in our state, but close) and are working out the details. We know which TV we're getting and are working out the details. We have decided on America's Mailbox/South Dakota and have started filling out the paperwork. We have decided on a date to put the house on the market. The finances are in order. The Purge of Possessions is ongoing (I am good at it; it'll get done.) The parents are coming to terms with the idea that we won't be 15 minutes away anymore.

I may be freaking out just a little. The husband may be a little grumpy.

We can do this thing, right? Tell me we can do this...! (Tell me what I'm forgetting - I know there is something!)
Wahhhhh
Ranee
Wow! That's a drastic change. I guess I am a bit more conservative and would rather do some long trips first before selling the farm.

What if you don't like it?

***Support Airstream Forum***
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:21 PM   #3
Wheels Itch)(Must Travel

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
- east coastal area - , Florida
A few questions:
Have you had/used an RV before.
How long were the trips: days , weeks, months?
Are you total newbies?
Many people will try the camping life for a while before selling the house.

What if you both hate it?

If your finances allow - try RVing before any huge life changes. Keep the house, maybe rent it out.

If you are RV pros - go for it.
az-streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:42 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Peyton , Colorado
Oh - yes, I should have mentioned - we already own a (small) RV and have done multiple long trips (I think the longest at a time was two months; I don't generally feel it's worth getting the camper out for less than 3 weeks!)

It's just the prep work for full-time that is a little daunting (and it shouldn't be; 28 years moving with the military; it's not that different. But we've been in one place now for 3 and a half years and I've forgotten how many details there are to sort!)
SnooMc is offline   Reply With Quote