Old 03-20-2015, 12:08 PM   #15
2008 30' Classic
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I've talked to the code people in an area of Florida in which I would like to spent time. Most of the realestate folks have told me that it can't be done unless it's a trailer park or RV park. However the code people said that it can be done as long as one doesn't take the wheels off. I have to limit my stay on any residential zone property to six months a year unless there are neighborhood or deed restrictions. They will allow a temporary elect install which will allow for power. One can have a sewer and water hook ups as well. So be very specific when you talk to the code people.

Pete Gill
2008 30' Classic Limited
2008 F-250 6.4L Super Duty Exended Cab
ProPride 3P, 1400 hitch
1974 RHD TR-6
CalamonTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:53 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
1990 25' Excella
Vancouver , British Columbia
Again, probably a local bylaw issue depending on where you live. Within city limits, probably not allowed. That was the case when I checked into it when my parents had a house in a subdivision. The city said I can park an RV on the driveway, as long as it doesn't overhang a sidewalk or any city property AND nobody can live in it. It can only be parked for storage. That said, outside the city in rural areas, most areas are quite lenient and would either not care (unless you caused problems or disturbances to someone) or maybe there's no regulation against it. But as mentioned, I'm not sure I'd want to stay the winter in an Airstream in Bozeman MT. I'm struggling right now with what to do if I have to stay in a similar climate this winter to be with my elderly parents who are in a nursing home - I won't be able to stay at their house because they sold. I either stay in the Airstream or rent an apartment (probably cheaper once I take into consideration the cost of propane for heating, and just trying to find a place to park it for the winter).

1990 Airstream Excella 25 Double
2012 Chrysler Town & Country Touring-L with the Can-Am Special Hitch
JustSomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote