Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-16-2017, 11:56 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
SW , Colorado
Internet Connectivity - How We Work from the Road

We are in our mid-thirties and work/travel full-time in our Airstream. We often get questions about how we can work from the road while traveling. It is pretty simple: smart campsite planning, choosing the right cell phone data plan(s) for our situation, and selecting a few pieces of technology to enhance the experience.

I wrote a post about our approach, which you can find here if interested: http://www.naturephotoguides.com/tra...-our-airstream.
TwoSporks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:47 PM   #2

Charleston , South Carolina
Thank you for sharing - I'm 36 and planning to do something similar!
ElaineMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Sarah,

Thanks for taking the time to post this link about your experiences. My wife is retired but I will not be for about 5 more years. However, we are committed to traveling in our Airstream as much as possible and we love being "out West." We also find that Verizon is more reliable in the SW Montana, Idaho, NW Wyoming area than the others.

I will definitely be checking out some of the options you've so kindly outlined in your blog.

The other option we have is in our GMC truck, where we can get an unlimited plan (not really, throttled down after using 22 GB in any given month) via ATT. Only problem is the key on the truck has to be turned on to use it. It gets me through some email and teleconferences at this point though.
MIFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:58 PM   #4
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Consider that there is sort of an east / west sort of thing on cell coverage. In the west, Verizon holds an edge. in various parts of the east, AT&T has much better coverage. There is no single "magic" solution.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote