Old 01-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Palm Beach County , Florida
I got Progressive too... Full-Timer's package, fairly comprehensive... I used to sell insurance and know that all policies have loopholes. Read your policy and understand what are signing up for, you'll be surprised which things are covered that you wouldn't expect! Got a discount for paying in full... That's a good thing.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by r carl View Post
I dropped my progressive policy after I found out who owned them.
Progressive is a public company, and the stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker symbol PGR.
You can learn more about Progressive's board of directors here: Progressive Auto Insurance - Progressive Board of Directors

Many, many shareholders each own a small part. Davis Selected Advisers, LP owns more than any one other owner, but less than 12% of the total. The second largest owner is Peter B. Lewis, with less than Davis Selected Advisers, but more than any one other owner. All other owners own less than 6% of the total.

Peter B. Lewis is non-executive Chairman-of-the-Board, and obviously the above poster does not like Lewis's political leanings which drive his charitable and political contributions, and maybe even some of his business decisions. IMO, this is an attempt by the above poster to make his own oblique political statement without answering the OP's original insurance question.

From personal experience, I can attest to Progressive's world-class customer service and fair-pricing.....better than my experience with a couple of the other insurance heavy-hitters. I don't care if Progressive's executives wear boxers, or "tighty-whiteys"......they have been a good company for me and my family.

Chief

AIR # 22776
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
We are insured by Progressive with our vintage 68

We had to obtain an appraisal (silverpal2), photographs and receipts for an agreed value.....they were recommended by our insurance agent. Safeco (our auto carrier) declined to insure the trailer. So far, we have had no claims. paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy 28
1977 28' Argosy 28
Lyngby , Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Progressive is a public company, and the stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker symbol PGR.
You can learn more about Progressive's board of directors here: Progressive Auto Insurance - Progressive Board of Directors

Many, many shareholders each own a small part. Davis Selected Advisers, LP owns more than any one other owner, but less than 12% of the total. The second largest owner is Peter B. Lewis, with less than Davis Selected Advisers, but more than any one other owner. All other owners own less than 6% of the total.

Peter B. Lewis is non-executive Chairman-of-the-Board, and obviously the above poster does not like Lewis's political leanings which drive his charitable and political contributions, and maybe even some of his business decisions. IMO, this is an attempt by the above poster to make his own oblique political statement without answering the OP's original insurance question.

From personal experience, I can attest to Progressive's world-class customer service and fair-pricing.....better than my experience with a couple of the other insurance heavy-hitters. I don't care if Progressive's executives wear boxers, or "tighty-whiteys"......they have been a good company for me and my family.

Chief
Thanks Chief

I'm new here so I'm not the one to tell anyone how to run and regulate
this forum.
Would ad though, that I co-admin another ( motorcycle ) forum
and politics just ain't allowed there.
Why should it be. That forum, and this one I take it,
is all about that common interest we share,
NOT about politics that will inevitably divide us.
I just does not belong in this kind of forum in my humble opinion.

Maybe this forum has another take on that question.
If so...so be it.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #19
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Question On Auto Policy - good or bad?

We currently have our trailer on our auto policy with USAA. From some of the comments I have read, I am thinking that having it on the auto policy may not be best. I have no claims experience so far, so I would like to hear comments on carrying the trailer on the family automobile policy.

Thanks,

Ken
Old 01-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1963 24' Tradewind
Highland , Illinois
We switched to Allied last year thru Farm & City Insurance Services. They are "endorsed" by the WBCCI. The policy is a little more than what I was paying State Farm, but the coverage is MUCH better.

Air #4056

"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:32 PM   #21

2008 23' International CCD
Aliso Viejo , California
Foremost is even stronger now that Farmers owns them. Being that Farmers rating just went up to A+. We Insure our International with Foremost.