Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Red Bank , New Jersey
I'm new- can I live in this one?

Is anyone living, parked semi-permanent in one of these?

eBay Motors: 1983 AIRSTREAM EXCELLA 34' EXCELLENT CONDITION IN PORT! (item 250282974099 end time Aug-24-08 19:38:29 PDT)
Old 08-15-2008, 10:23 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
I do

It's even a 1983. Different Living Room layout, pics at http://airforums.com/photos/browseim...d=17830&page=2.

I will finish installing a new refrigerator this weekend. Following that, I will replace the carpet with cork. The sofa is already out. It is in good condition, so it will go back unchanged. I have new (still in plastic from the factory) dinette seats that will dress up the interior considerably.

I think it makes a great place to live, but I was in a 24' Trade Wind before.

It is a good looking trailer. The AC only is a negative, but the Carrier AirV airconditioner is not original, and that is a good thing. I put one on mine last spring.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:49 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Red Bank , New Jersey
Wow! Yours is really beautiful!
Old 08-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinePica View Post
Wow! Yours is really beautiful!
The new flooring and dinette will really make it look good. I will be posting photos as I make progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vswingfield View Post
It is a good looking trailer. The AC only is a negative, but the Carrier AirV airconditioner is not original, and that is a good thing. I put one on mine last spring.
Oops, that should have said "AC only refrigerator". I'm sure it was much cheaper than a RV unit. I will have a thread up about my replacement very soon.

As you can see, I have the same radio and cassette deck. Both worked until quite recently when the power switch for the radio failed. I'm sure I could rig a new switch, but repacement with an up-to-date unit is in the works.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:28 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1986 32' Excella
vledder , drenthe
shipping around 5500 Euro ?????
That's 8800 usd.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:38 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Hummm, funny, I've been to Blount Island which is just outside Jacksonville, Fl and an industrial zone. Nothing there but shipping containers and a Military Sealift Command port facility. Top it off, they are a first time seller on eBay. May only be me but I would be careful with this one and have someone lay eyes on the trailer first and meet the seller.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:39 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Red Bank , New Jersey
I'm not shipping it, so its no issue to me. My brother will pick it up. I'm using it in the USA- not out. Maybe Mexico.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:42 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Red Bank , New Jersey
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy View Post
Hummm, funny, I've been to Blount Island which is just outside Jacksonville, Fl and an industrial zone. Nothing there but shipping containers and a Military Sealift Command port facility. Top it off, they are a first time seller on eBay. May only be me but I would be careful with this one and have someone lay eyes on the trailer first and meet the seller.
They did say it was in a shipping port, and I looked it up, its a port in Jacksonville. I agree that I need someone to look at it, but the communication, so far, was excellent. Thanks for the help!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #9
Trailerite

1971 23' Safari
Riverton , Missouri
I saw the Ebay member's photo in their "about me" area. It looks like a person the forums had some trouble with a while back. I'd be careful of them, especially as either a new user, or one that just changed user id's on Ebay.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:04 PM   #10
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1986 31' Sovereign
1975 25' Tradewind
1967 17' Caravel
Sherfield English , Hampshire
Send a message via MSN to Moonstruck Send a message via Yahoo to Moonstruck

This guy may have changed his ebay account so he can have two. He exports out of the Jacksonville port to the UK. He's advertising this AS on UK eBay. Doing all this gives him quite a high profile so I'm sure it's not a scam. Nevertheless, I would want to physically secure a trailer so you can perform a proper exchange of cash and goods.

1983 AIRSTREAM EXCELLA 34 (10M) SLEEPS 6/8 COOL STATIC! on eBay, also Mobile Touring Caravans, Caravans, Campers, Caravans Motorhomes, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 13-Aug-08 15:45:23 BST)

Can you live in one of these? Notwithstanding that things can go wrong on Airstreams(see my thread), if you look after them, they will do the job very nicely.

Marc
Old 08-15-2008, 04:05 PM   #11
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
We (two of us and a dog) are living in a 31' Airstream with no issues to speak of.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:07 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1992 34' Excella
Austin , Texas
Livin' Large in a '34

I'm living in a '92 and I even have an office set up in the front of the trailer since my company (the one with the Big Blue logo ) lets me telecommute to work. It's home and work for me and I like it just fine.

Rancho Deluxe
I wish the interior still looked like that.
"Rancho Deluxe"
Old 08-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Almost Always Sunny Sarasota , Florida
Has anyone noticed just how many other Airstreams are parked around this AS. I count at least 5.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:13 PM   #14
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
I'm living in a '92 and I even have an office set up in the front of the trailer since my company (the one with the Big Blue logo ) lets me telecommute to work. I
Let's see... Ford, IBM, AT&T, Airstream, GM...
Old 08-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #15
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaabLover View Post
Has anyone noticed just how many other Airstreams are parked around this AS. I count at least 5.
Looks like photos from where it was parked before the seller got hold of it, possibly Land Yacht Harbor in Melbourne.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1992 34' Excella
Austin , Texas
Terry ... Big Blue (hint)

But a better puzzle (thanks SaabLover) is finding the 5 other A/S's that are around the one for sale. I eventually found all 5.
"Rancho Deluxe"
Old 08-15-2008, 04:28 PM   #17
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1986 31' Sovereign
1975 25' Tradewind
1967 17' Caravel
Sherfield English , Hampshire
Send a message via MSN to Moonstruck Send a message via Yahoo to Moonstruck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaabLover View Post
I think you'll find this set of pics were taken by the PO when the AS was in it's last home. This dealer does, however, have a number of Airstreams for sale, I see 7 illustrated, on his UK-eBay page. But then, anyone can collect photos of Airstreams

Marc
Old 08-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Red Bank , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post
I think you'll find this set of pics were taken by the PO when the AS was in it's last home. This dealer does, however, have a number of Airstreams for sale, I see 7 illustrated, on his UK-eBay page. But then, anyone can collect photos of Airstreams

Marc
Hi, I did ask about that- she said her husband is a collector. She said she took all the photos on this listing, and had them in her camera. But I'm not clear on what they did wrong. Do you have some info that will help me? I certainly don't want to lose my money.

Not for nothing- I did look on your site, Marc, and asking $50000 for a similar condition trailer would lead one to think that his asking price of 12000 pounds Sterling makes you a bit biased. Its half price- and bigger with a nice layout. If you're competing, should you bash her?

If there is something wrong with her, I'd be really surprised- although I guess you just never know these days. I wouldn't hesitate to call the police if they're on some type of scam operation. I've not the cash or patience for ripoffs and games. I'd definitely drive and do the deal in person, with my brother, to pick it up with his truck.

The internet is an amazing place, thats for sure.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1993 34' Limited
Melbourne Florida , Springfield Ohio
If I am not mistaken, the pictures of the Ebay Airstream are from Land Yacht Harbor in Melbourne Florida
Old 08-15-2008, 08:26 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
make sure you verify vin numbers.
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
Closed Thread