Old 06-13-2015, 10:54 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
1974 31' Sovereign
Tyler , Texas
Well we didn't have 4 kids like the original poster, but we did do it with our two kids for 18 months. It was pretty fantastic! Refrigerator space is generally inadequate so you have to make more grocery trips. We put the kids in the back bunks and we modified the gaucho to take a futon mattress.

Cargo space was tight. We used a Suburban as a tow vehicle and it did okay, but if I had to do it over I would choose a heavier duty vehicle.

Our AS is a 1974 31' Sovereign. Now that we have returned home she is ready for some work, especially new axles.

Home again in Tyler, Texas

Please visit any time!
stephenh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:58 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member
1997 34' Limited
Wolcottville , Indiana
Hi Chris,

I'm the original poster, and we ended up living/traveling in our 34' Airstream for a was great!

We didn't end up doing bunks, our girls (the smallest) slept in the "table bed", our boys slept in the "couch bed", and my husband and I had the "queen bed" in the back room. It was snug, but the adventure was generally worth it

melbel is offline   Reply With Quote

cooking, homeschool, kids, bunk bed, fulltiming

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off