Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' Safari S/O
Tifton , Georgia
fulltiming in Salem OR?

Just wanting to get some advice, as I always do here, on full-timing in Salem OR. Just me and the old lady (she's gonna kill me if she finds this out, she's only 29!!) our '03 28ft Safari s/o and alot of curiosity. We would be there through the winter and just wanted to know if others had done this before. We are from SOWEGA so we are kinda ignorant to west coast winters. Thanks for your time and input !!
RoadHungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Box Elder , USA
RoadHungry;

We just left Salem. It's a great place to stay. After living there for 25+ years and staying at the Premier RV park on Hwy. 22 for a month. The winters aren't bad at all. There will be about a week or two of below 32 degree weather, but be prepared for the rain. It'll start the end of October and continue until late May or earlier June. I highly recommend Premier RV park. A space will run about $427.00 plus 8 cent per kilowatt hour for electric. The Oregon coast is about 90 minutes and the Mt. Hood is about 2hrs. I can recommend several very nice places to eat within 15 minutes from Salem and some on the Oregon coast and Portland about 45 from Salem (depending upon traffic). Good luck with your travels. Jimbo