Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
And another one joins the cult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream01 View Post
Well, I have officially joined the club, and take delivery of my new '08 Safari SE 25FB on Tuesday from Carolina RV. I paid $43177 out the door, which I am very happy with. If this isn't a good deal, don't tell me, I'm happy Sticker was around $61k or so. I may start another thread in a more appropriate section of the forum and post some photos and such.
Well I guess you won't need to see mine. Congratulations! What color interior did you get? Where are you planning to keep it when you come back to the Beach?

Pictures. We want pictures.

I think you got a decent deal - however do check your tires carefully. They've been sitting for two model years and might not have been new when they were put on the axles. Mine is an '06 and I've been thinking I'd need new tires this fall due to the dreaded dry rot issues... then I found one has a leak from the last time I moved it... so ran it up on my oversized legos, got the spare out, and switched the bad one out. Have to have it water tested to see if I picked up a nail. If so, I'll probably have it repaired and use it as a spare until I replace the whole shebang in late fall.

Paula
Old 08-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Land of fruits and nuts , California
Thanks for the comments Paula. I do intend to keep it. I have always wanted a travel trailer, and this finally pushed me to action. I did take a look at the tires. They are Goodyear Marathons, they didn't look dry rotted or anything and looked brand new. I'm not certain of the interior color, but I'll post photos soon. There is a lot of tan and aluminum going on though. I plan on doing the lot camping thing tuesday night and the dealer was happy to accomodate. Hopefully I got a good one. I didn't see any traces of the dreaded filiform corrosion, so I guess thats a good start.
Airstream01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Congratulations!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1999 34' Excella
Durango , Colorado
I too am in school and living in my A/S full time. I am in Redding though which is northern Ca. The RV park I am in costs $ 375/mo plus electricity. But WiFi is included as is the pool and nice front desk staff. I find my A/S perfect for one to live in full time. I have a 34' and personally I'm not sure I understand how two people could live in one of these guys, I already took up the entire closet myself! Ha. Anyways there are several parks in Redding and the price and availability varies. When I was looking for a park I ran across a classified ad for a private individual offering his land for a full timer. So maybe there is that option too.

Enjoy! Anne
connorsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Land of fruits and nuts , California
Here's a few photos of my rig

Airstream01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Nice rig! Good luck in your adventure in Monterey. I hope the Military camping will work out for you... otherwise it will be difficult. There are places to camp, but only briefly for the civilian types. You might look at neighboring little burgs like Spreckles... but even there prices will likely be more than your budget. If you didn't have an Airstream already I would suggest finding someone to let you rent their boat, there are a few liveaboards in the harbor, but the only hope is to rent one or rent a slip from someone... we used to have our sailboat in the harbor and rent was at one time $1 a foot, I am sure it has gone up in the last 6 years since we sold ours.

You might post a craigslist ad looking for a place to stay, maybe some farmer will rent you a little spot if you are out in the county rules and reg's might be less problematic.

At any rate, good luck!
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote