Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #41
3 Rivet Member

i have moved north to VIRGINIA CITY , Nevada
[QUOTE=redhawkerII;781798]Also Annie...some of these Airstreamers are single men. Maybe you can get hitched and have the security of a fellow already traveling in the Airstream life. Any takers out there? hmmmm?

Oh thats funny redhawker....but you never know who you might meet along the way.
but remember ... its a 2 way street. its not about are there any takers....
if the party in question is simply NOT looking for any takers. LOL

i think good friends are just as valuable really and right now thats all i am interested in.
so the answer is NO..... there are no takers because there is nothing to be taken. LOL

not using this forum as a dating site. LOL
are up you sure you are not my mother in the next room on the computer? LOL
AnnieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Hee Hee!
Old 12-24-2009, 01:01 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Nashville , Tennessee
lol... I'm about to hit the road to pick up a 31' and go full time. I've enjoyed reading this tread. I've been a little nervous about finding work along the way, I guess I forgot how nice chasing good weather is going to be.

I'm 24 and single, my mom wonders why I do the things I do and thinks I'm building up a life of solitude. Yes yes, the "Up in the air" movie, lol. If an Airstream can push them away... well I won't get into that. It's kinda like having long hair in that respect. My mom likes my hair short, go figure.

Does anyone in the Palmdale/la area need a plumber/carpenter/remodeler? I'm good and cheap?
nomader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #44
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Nashville , Tennessee
That wasn't a respones to the takers? thing. I'm just laughing
Old 12-24-2009, 01:18 PM   #45
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Nashville , Tennessee
Wondered through the valley of the shadow of the dead
I stumbled upon an old sun dial, and there these words I read
I only count the sunny hours the brights hours of the day
I never count the gloomy hours I lets them slip away

And I realize I'm away.

Sunny hours- Long Beach Dub AllStars
Old 12-24-2009, 01:26 PM   #46
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Nashville , Tennessee
Well sorry, this song just got a whole new meaning.. ball and chain.... lol ok I'll stop now

Old 12-24-2009, 11:31 PM   #47
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomader View Post
lol... I'm about to hit the road to pick up a 31' and go full time. I've enjoyed reading this tread. I've been a little nervous about finding work along the way, I guess I forgot how nice chasing good weather is going to be.

I'm 24 and single, my mom wonders why I do the things I do and thinks I'm building up a life of solitude. Yes yes, the "Up in the air" movie, lol. If an Airstream can push them away... well I won't get into that. It's kinda like having long hair in that respect. My mom likes my hair short, go figure.

Does anyone in the Palmdale/la area need a plumber/carpenter/remodeler? I'm good and cheap?
good luck with your 31.... i am sure you will enjoy it.
and nothing wrong with solitude. i love it.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:33 AM   #48
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Land of fruits and nuts , California
I have officially begun my fulltiming adventure in my 25'er. I've probably forgot a few things, but I have minimized on purpose. The biggest challenge so far has been closet space. Being navy I have a LOT of uniforms and they completely fill the main wardrobe next to the shower. So basically I only have the one by the bed for my nice, hang-up clothes. Shoes is another problem, where to put them, and I'm not even a chick, so I don't really have that many. I ended up using one of the big tubs under the bed for shoes. FYI you can fit 5 pair of size 12 shoes in one of those tubs, so that's all I brought. Sometimes I wish I'd gotten the 27FB, for the extra storage space, but I plan on doing some rockdocking and I really don't want anything bigger than my 25.

Also, space-bags are junk. I've got them. Sure they suck down real nice, but about 4 days later they leak all the air back in.
Airstream01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:49 AM   #49
Be Calm, Have a Cupcake

Vintage Kin Owner
Houston , Texas
Full-Timing in our 34'

Annie:

I think you will love full-timing based on everything you have said. I've been full-timing in my 34' 1998 Excella 1000 for two years and before that in a 37' fifth wheel for five years. I love the Airstream.

The 10 year old Airstream is less expensive to maintain than the brand new fifth wheel and you can easily live for $10,000 per year in comfort. Be sure to use a good hitch with anti-sway. Hard to beat a used Hensley Arrow hitch.

Secrets to a happy life:
- Live Small
- Save most of what you earn
- Be kind to everyone
- An attitude of Gratitude is incompatible with depression, anger, loneliness and every other negative emotion
- All in all, nothing beats livin' in aluminum!

Would you rather have a mansion full of money or a trailer full of love?
Secguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #50
3 Rivet Member

Airstream01... thats funny about the shoes. i AM chick and all i have is 3 pairs of shoes. there was a time i had more but...... shoes have kind of fallen off the radar for me LOL.
good luck with your fulltiming.

Secguru .....10K a year.... that sure sounds good to me. and i like your secrets of a happy life too. LOL thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #51
2 Rivet Member

1993 33' Land Yacht
North Bend , Oregon
Send a message via ICQ to tbro Send a message via MSN to tbro Send a message via Yahoo to tbro
Heya Annie,

I live full time in my Airstream but I opted for a motor home. I have a 96 33' and I love the space. Lots of storage underneath and plenty of room inside even though I renovated to include an interior office. I have some pics on here somewhere.

I stay the winter on the Oregon Coast and travel down into Northern Nevada, Spring and Summer, and sometimes other places but I like the high desert and the coast the best.

I have a job that I can take with me wherever I go, but I stay for extended periods. More of a seasonal traveler. The ASMH's self contained so I don't have to worry about finding a space right away. And I know enough people in those two places I rarely have to hang out long before finding one.

Used to keep a house in VC and one here on the Coast, but gave that up for the mobile lifestyle. In my experience costs are less than for a house if you aren't traveling all the time. Plus since I work at home many times I drive to wherever I want a view for the day while working, the beach, the woods, etc.

Doesn't snow here on the coast every winter and if it does it's gone before long. Heating isnt a problem as generally the temp doesnt get lower than 40's. If you're in VC then you know the heat in Nevada isn't all that harsh either, and it's pretty much 70's here on the Coast in summer. Good luck with your adventure but you might want to at least give a motor home some consideration.

tbro

My Web Workings
tbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:44 AM   #52
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Nashville , Tennessee
I just got back from my first time to the high desert and I plan to go back when I can, it sure does make the whole heating and cooling aspect easier. I just need a job that allows it. I'm in construction and I hear it's not the best time for that, in that side of the country. I never thought my line of work would hold me back from moving. I think I might get into trailer repair, they are everywhere out there. I had no idea. There's a will so I will make it work somehow. I was so sad driving back to Tn, the cold is horrible, and my whole body starts shutting down. But I just picked up the AS, so spirits are as high as they can be.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:56 AM   #53
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Well, this is an interesting item. I am sure glad to have my Airstream. I have a small house but am also thinking the AS might turn into my fulltime venture. So far my only problem is the dogs, if I don't keep a close eye on them, I am worrying they are out near the road. My cats are great, they are there right now. I would like to find a small ranch again where I can keep it for free, I am almost ready to stick an ad in the paper. My luck is usually on my side. Say some prayers....
cclarkego is offline   Reply With Quote