Old 11-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #29
3 Rivet Member

i have moved north to VIRGINIA CITY , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
Annie, I find that I use my fans between 95 - 60 a lot. Just keeping one or both of them on low when it's cooler keeps a nice gentle breeze moving through the trailer as well as exhausting the stale, smell laden air and it really increases the overall comfort level inside. Even in the wintertime I'll turn them on for a few minutes to change the air without losing too much heat inside. After having used them for a while I consider them to be an absolute necessity now.

If you can arrange things to be here during the spring, I don't think there's a better place in this world to be because the climate is just wonderful before the big blast furnace gets switched on sometime in June. Black's has especially good BBQ'd chicken, Kreuz's Market in downtown has some really good smoked prime rib, as well as the sausage at Chisolm Trail and you're right about Lockhart being a town that knows good BBQ, though the dinosaur ribs at County Line, the pork ribs and prime rib at Rudy's, and the flame grilled NY strip at the Oasis in Austin shouldn't be overlooked.

thanks for the tips Crusty.... and i know what you mean about the smoked prime rib. i have been thru there before and had it ...AND it was wonderful. there is also a place in lockhart where you enter from the back door.... i think it might be on the same street as blacks.... THOSE hot links are SOOO GOOOD ! LOL

i could down BBQ any time of the day. but the brisket from blacks is especially good. LOL
wow..... now i want some and i am stuck in the east. LOL

Old 11-29-2009, 08:20 AM   #30

2008 30' Classic
McKinney , Texas
We have a 30'FB Classic Limited for sale!

Annie,
We have been full-time for about 3 months, sold our house in Houston, and now living in 30'FB Classic Limited. THis is for sale, we want to buy a house. I just want a home base, when we get our house paid off, will buy another used Airstream, we love the quality of this one. Size is perfect for you.
check it out under classified . Thanks and good luck. Susan and Kevin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieD View Post
I was planning to buy a a 34ft airstream earlier this year but i never did do it. i have been thinking about the costs of fulltiming vs buying a small house to live in. when i say small..... i am talking 2bed maybe 800 sq ft.

anyway..... i love the idea of having an AS as my home but i wondered what the expenses would be vs a house. if i lived in an AS i would be moving with the seasons and would not opt for staying in one place thru weather that required an airconditioner or any REAL heating.

so... i guess i am wondering what you fulltimers think about an AS vs a small house. i would STILL have to get out of the bad weather season wherever i lived... whether it was extreme heat or cold. thats why i was thinking about fulltiming in the first place. i am definitely a traveler and never seem to stay planted for more than a year or 2.

right now i live in a SMALL studio apartment..... so i am used to small spaces. just cant decide what to do.

so..... tell me what you think.....i want to hear what you are doing and why... and what you think about it.

thanks

Old 11-29-2009, 11:23 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssimich View Post
Annie,
We have been full-time for about 3 months, sold our house in Houston, and now living in 30'FB Classic Limited. THis is for sale, we want to buy a house. I just want a home base, when we get our house paid off, will buy another used Airstream, we love the quality of this one. Size is perfect for you.
check it out under classified . Thanks and good luck. Susan and Kevin.
ssimich... your AS is lovely but i am leaning towards a smaller unit now.
i was looking at something bigger but i think now i want something smaller and with twin beds. i will keep yours in mind though.
thanks for telling me about it.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
We have been in our AS for two years now, and its just great...we are a couple of artist fellas and this suits us fine, we don't like or never intend to get stuck in a house of any size-I wouldn't have a house if you gave it to me. Dealing with heat and cold is just part of the adventure of fulltiming.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Although we have a wonderful time in our A/S, we also want to have a home to come back to. So at least for now we will plan a 2 week trip each month - or whatever we can get in.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #34
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkerII View Post
We have been in our AS for two years now, and its just great...we are a couple of artist fellas and this suits us fine, we don't like or never intend to get stuck in a house of any size-I wouldn't have a house if you gave it to me. Dealing with heat and cold is just part of the adventure of fulltiming.

LOL redhawker..... dealing with heat and cold may be part of YOUR adventure..... but not mine.
i'll be long down the road by the time its TOO cool on a regular basis to keep the windows open.
thats the great thing about fulltiming ... go where you like when you like.

still undecided about a small house in the future though. that may happen at some point. but i dont think now is the time.....
too many sunny days to chase.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:13 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Sounds like you've made a decision, AnnieD! Good for you! You're going to have a blast.

Will look for you on the road.

Maggie
Old 12-13-2009, 09:34 AM   #36
Mad1

1989 29' Excella
Dallas , Texas
I have been fulltiming in a 29 for four years and it is just fine for one person, if I were two I would opt for a larger model with a dinette. I cannot emphasize the importance of being willing to follow the weather,
Airstreams are more thermally inefficient than most poorly insulated trailers. The beautiful aluminum makes them uncomfortable at temperature extremes. I am luckily from a part of the country where I can
move seasonally by only going 600 miles. I winter in the Texas Hill country
and summer in Cloudcroft NM at 9000ft. It is a great life.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #37
3 Rivet Member

Doug and Maggie....Yes.... i think i have made a decision. LOL the more i look into this... the more it seems i need to have an AS to follow the weather. there is nothing more frustrating for me than dealing with weather i dont want to be in.

i am not talking about the occasional cold snap....more like weeks on end of the stuff. LOL
at some point i guess i will have to think about a small house somewhere. but right now.... i dont want to think about that. just want sunny days and blue skys.

Madrone.... sounds like you have the perfect set up. LOVE the texas hill country and New Mexico. but i also like montana and wyoming and nevada AND! alberta for the summer months.

29ft. is a good size. how much bigger would you want to get?
Old 12-13-2009, 11:23 AM   #38
Mad1

1989 29' Excella
Dallas , Texas
If I had a partner I would definately go to the 34, a year or two on the road and you discover how much stuff you loaded at the beginning that you never touched again so even smaller than 29 is fine for one, but two people just need more space and really need the dinette fulltiming.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #39
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrone View Post
If I had a partner I would definately go to the 34, a year or two on the road and you discover how much stuff you loaded at the beginning that you never touched again so even smaller than 29 is fine for one, but two people just need more space and really need the dinette fulltiming.
i am on my own too at the moment so.... i was thinking 27to 30ft would be ok ...just because thats about the size of my studio apartment that i am living in now. actually the 30ft is about the size if it.

for me....i do think a full time dinette, sofa and sleeping area are important to make it seem more like a home if you are full timing.

i have recently been thinking about that 31ft with the free standing dinette table would be an interesting choice. being able to move the table and chairs around would be nice too.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Also Annie...some of these Airstreamers are single men. Maybe you can get hitched and have the security of a fellow already traveling in the Airstream life. Any takers out there? hmmmm?
Old 12-13-2009, 05:06 PM   #41
3 Rivet Member

[QUOTE=redhawkerII;781798]Also Annie...some of these Airstreamers are single men. Maybe you can get hitched and have the security of a fellow already traveling in the Airstream life. Any takers out there? hmmmm?

Oh thats funny redhawker....but you never know who you might meet along the way.
but remember ... its a 2 way street. its not about are there any takers....
if the party in question is simply NOT looking for any takers. LOL

i think good friends are just as valuable really and right now thats all i am interested in.
so the answer is NO..... there are no takers because there is nothing to be taken. LOL

not using this forum as a dating site. LOL
are up you sure you are not my mother in the next room on the computer? LOL
Old 12-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Hee Hee!