Old 06-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1958 18' "Footer"
vista , California
full-timing in San Diego?

Hi there,

is there anyone full-timing in San Diego? i am selling my house and thinking of the possibility. i only know of a few RV parks in the area and i'm not so keen on them. also, would like to be closer to the beach. plus, i have two dogs...so that is also a concern. would appreciate if anyone have some info. in regards to full-timing in S.D. county. thanks, Sandra

Old 06-17-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Gualala , California
We live near downtown San Diego and have thought about moving into our airstream. Right now it is stored in an RV storage facility and we work on it when we can. So the plan is second priority to getting it livable.

I have done lots of Google searches of trailer and RV parks in San Diego.
I've found some in National City, Chula Vista, and the Moreno District of SD. Those are closest to the beaches. Santa Fe on th 5 has a 10 year old limit. There are some in El Cajon and Lakeside. I think these are all like trailer parks that allow RVs. Not sure what you are looking for, but I hope this helps.

Keep us informed on what you come up with and what you decide to do. BTW, now is not a good time to sell real estate in San Diego. Lots of cheap foreclosures on the market.

AIR #25767
timkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:18 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1958 18' "Footer"
vista , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by timkim View Post
We live near downtown San Diego and have thought about moving into our airstream. Right now it is stored in an RV storage facility and we work on it when we can. So the plan is second priority to getting it livable.

I have done lots of Google searches of trailer and RV parks in San Diego.
I've found some in National City, Chula Vista, and the Moreno District of SD. Those are closest to the beaches. Santa Fe on th 5 has a 10 year old limit. There are some in El Cajon and Lakeside. I think these are all like trailer parks that allow RVs. Not sure what you are looking for, but I hope this helps.

Keep us informed on what you come up with and what you decide to do. BTW, now is not a good time to sell real estate in San Diego. Lots of cheap foreclosures on the market.
hi Tim,

thanks for the info. yes, i am looking around the north county coastal areas. there are a few around but, they kind of just look like parking lots for trailers. well, i don't have a time line...so it could be this year or next. but, i wanted to get some more info. about what was available here in the county. thanks again and i'll keep you updated of what i find.

Sandra
Old 06-18-2008, 01:51 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2013 27' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
San Diego County has some great parks. There is a 14-day limit, so you would have to move from park to park.