RadioWagon, we all know you'll be back!
All the best.
Manning

Manning G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:57 PM   #30
1 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Rolla , Missouri
We are moving into our 25 Sarfari full time this summer. We have a handful of location options within 30 miles of our jobs, and will easily save half of our current townhouse rental expense, not to mention utility costs. We have already parred down clothes and junk, which is cathartic in its own right and are focused on simpler living.

Shinyabode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:52 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Mary Esther , FL
My wife and I are in the process of transitioning. We pared our 4bed house down to a 6x12 Uhaul trailer, and a lot of that volume was furniture that obviously won't be needed in the Airstream (king size mattress and a 5-section sofa, for starters). We still have a ways to go, but I also just finished trimming down our "must-keep" items like diplomas, plaques, and old photos into a single plastic tote bin. Other than that, it will mostly be all my garage stuff (tools, etc) that has to be trimmed down further.

Originally, we thought we were going to have a base camp--likely a small condo or something--for all the reasons mentioned. However, after realizing we'd be spending an extra 15-18k per year on such a place, we figured we could have a lot of fun with the money left over if we just went all-in on Airstream living. My truck bed will basically become my garage (probably after some more donations), we'll drop off that bin of valuables at my parents', and be all set!
Lindenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:20 PM   #32
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
Linden - just one point - at some time, you either can't or don't want to continue traveling. You need a funded exit plan. My belief is that a "paid for" home base is a very smart way to establish the foundation for whatever your future plan may be.

Good Luck with your adventure. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:47 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Mary Esther , FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
Linden - just one point - at some time, you either can't or don't want to continue traveling. You need a funded exit plan. My belief is that a "paid for" home base is a very smart way to establish the foundation for whatever your future plan may be.

Good Luck with your adventure. Pat
Thanks!

We will actually be stationary most of the time, just sucking it up in the AS between weekends and longer getaways. In any case, I am not buying another house for a long time, partially because I expect to have to move at least a few more times before retiring. And, we are not yet sure where we want that to be. So, if we do get tired of it we'll probably just move into something small until we really have a long-term solution figured out.

Lindenwood is offline   Reply With Quote

« bunk beds | Top | - »