Old 07-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #15
janeinthemtns

1985 31' Excella
near Chama , New Mexico
I just got off the phone with a Geico agent in Albuquerque. I have had Gieco insurance for years and have been very happy with them after I had a major claim a few years ago. First I was told I need to mail in an application form which was emailed to me. I was told I couldn't get a quote over the phone. It takes sometimes 10 days for mail to get out of here. This is the 21st century I thought. Today I called back and was told since I plan to park the trailer at my house, I need to talk to a local agent. That agent told me it should be attached to my auto policy. Transferred back to Geico. Geico told me I'm not going to be pulling it anywhere (other than driving it 150 miles home) so I need to talk to a local agent. Transferred back to ABQ. Then we looked at the NADA value for the 85 31' Excella. Came out $32,000+. But the average retail list was $1,000+ to $2,000+. She couldn't tell me how the replacement value would work so I ended up not know exactly what I was paying for. The trailer is in pristine original shape. It has one dent on the back bumper and a couple of screws loose over the front window. One small storm window has some condensation. That's it. I want to know what happens if there is a wreck on the way home or it catches on fire or whatever.

What do I do now? The agent wants the VIN number as if that will make a difference. Hope I can find any answers to this. I'm having a hard time finding things here. Just a little stressed right now! Thanks in advance.

With all the travel trailers on the road everywhere, I would think this process would be easier or at least like insuring a vehicle. I feel like it's complicated for a reason that does not benefit the policy holder.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #16
janeinthemtns

1985 31' Excella
near Chama , New Mexico
USAA requires a military connection for coverage. Don't have it.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #17
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
Just checked again and I am with Progressive. My AS dealer contacted RV America Insurance (the agent) and they got me on with Progressive. Apparently Brown and Brown of Kentucky is RV America. BTW, I could not get a good rate with Progressive for my TV but for the TT it is excellent. I can't find a phone number for RV America but I'm sure if you Google you can find it.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Oracle , Arizona
Allstate.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #19
Tenkara Fly Angler

1975 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Vernon , Texas
We have State Farm, have for most of the last 22 years. They insured us for an agreed value + our contents. Local agent.
WBCCI #8578
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #20
janeinthemtns

1985 31' Excella
near Chama , New Mexico
I just got a call from a Good Sam agent. He quoted me a low annual rate of $227.70 which includes full roadside assistance. It's with Allied. Did some Allied research. Lots of people with homeowner's insurance getting worked over by them. The said they would do replacement value at what I paid for the trailer, otherwise I have to get an "independent" appraisal from someone they provide. Costs $300 or $400. Hahaha. Still don't know what to do. The AS is currently covered by Progressive.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:38 PM   #21
Rob

2014 25' International
Littleton , Colorado
Just spoke to USAA and learned that one has to be a veteran or one has to have been insured under their parent's (assuming one of them was a veteran) USAA insurance plan to qualify for USAA insurance. Children of veterans (e.g., me) do not quality for USAA insurance.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:48 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Good Sam quoted me Full-timers insurance for $1000 a year on a $60k trailer. This was an estimate and they said it could go down. This was based on us being domiciled in SD.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:56 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Here in Fl we only get auto insurance policies for six months at a time, and your trailer insurance is tacked on. So every six months is a renewal. Six thousand dollar replacement cost for my ancient Avion is fourteen dollars each six month period. Allstate, jim
Old 06-28-2014, 12:59 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Insurance and full-timers insurance are not the same thing.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:10 PM   #25
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
I was not asked if I were full time or not, and there is nothing in the policy in reference to that. It goes on my car insurance, wait, I wonder if I am covered if I am not hooked up? Jim
Old 06-28-2014, 02:02 PM   #26
Full Timers/Diesel power.

1983 31' Airstream310
Cactus Hug , Arizona
We've been with Foremost for twenty years, with a "full timers" policy. As one can imagine, we've had a few scrapes, which they've taken care of, no hassle. We pay $225.00 quarterly.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:25 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Full-Time RV Insurance: Who Do You Use?

Full timers is more about liability coverage. But since you are using it more than most RVs there is increased risk there too.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:12 PM   #28
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
I would recommend Brown and Brown of KY. 1-877-689-9794. They seem to specialize in RV insurance. My stream is covered for full cost of the trailer. Cheapest rates I could find.